Open Thermal Expansion Void Satchel Crashed Game.

V

VT-14

Summary of the problem Thermal Expansion Void Satchel Crashed Game.

Pack Version 1.2.0 (modified)

What is the bug? Crafting and having a Thermal Expansion Void Satchel in my inventory crashed my game (SSP). I am unable to load that world.

Mod & Version Mods Removed:
Default Options
MineTogether

Crashes with both:
ThermalExpansion-1.12.2-5.3.9.6-universal (pack default and linked crash log)
ThermalExpansion-1.12.2-5.3.9.8-universal (most recent currently available from CurseForge)

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6e74b343

Is it repeatable? My single player world crashes every time. I have not been able to reproduce the crash in a new world.

Known Fix I assume that either loading a (nearly 2 hour old) backup or deleting playerdata would work, though I don't consider the setbacks of either of those options to be worth it in this case.

U

unstablecraft

its the content inside the sachel that messing you up butt
there are a few ways to fix this

1 is really easy wipe your player.dat

2 is a hellish road to take but possible

use this nbt explorer to edit your inv and remove the sachel from it and paste it back in you should be fine after that

U

unstablecraft

ftb doesnt let me fost the link but goole is your friend :D

V

VT-14

1) it was freshly crafted without a chance to put anything in it or to pick anything up off the floor.

2) A Void Satchel shouldn't store anything.

Still, removing the Satchel would probably work. I'll look into it.

V

VT-14

Yup, NBTExplorer worked like a charm. It was actually pretty painless with the only intricacy that I found being that the inventory on Single Player is loaded from the level.dat file rather than the entry in the playerdata folder (which is mentioned on NBTExplorer's main forum post). Thanks!

Reactions: nospr
N

nospr

Hey, I just wanted to post that I had the same exact issue today as well. It must be a bug within Revelations because it happens in both 1.0.0 Revelation and 1.2.0 Revelation. The world crashed the moment I created the Void Satchel and wouldn't open anymore, and thanks to your above comment, I used NBTExplorer to remove the specific item from the inventory in the level.dat file. Thanks!