Thermal Expansion ore config question

HickDead

Jul 29, 2019
I'm certain that in my Mystcraft worlds (1.4.5 and later) it follows the configs unless you have the dense ores symbol then it completely ignores configs and also ignores biome specificity at least it did in 1.4.5 not sure about now haven't made a dense ores throwaway yet :)
Ah! Well that explains it! I did use a dense ore symbol! I haven't thought about that. It's kind of obvious if you think about it.

RegularCrafter

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.. How Do I Use The CustomWorldGen.txt File ?? Any Help On This .. Please Do Help I Really Want The Ore Gen Like Attack Of The B-Team ..:(

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nice necro, but it's quite easy.

the text file gives examples, but I'll go through it all using an example from my personal worldgen file.

Code:
UNIFORM    golDirt2    3    0    32    8    50    128    true
First you need to specify UNIFORM or NORMAL, tbh, you might as well use UNIFORM. NORMAL is slightly different and increases the concentration of a block at a specific level, bit like a chance graph of /\, while UNIFORM is more --
Next press TAB
Then you need a unique name, I'm adding more dirt, so I called it golDirt2
Next it needs the block and meta ID. Dirt is 3:0 (look in NEI) So thats 3 TAB 0
Next is the Cluster size, which is roughly how many blocks will spawn in a cluster. You can't generate a cluster smaller than 4. That's a limit of the vanilla MC mechanics (KL is making a fix for this in 1.7)
Next is the number of clusters, I'm asking for 8 clusters (or, if you like, 8 attempts at generating clusters)
After that it needs the minimum and maximum Y co-ords for the block. I want this extra dirt to spawn between 50 and 128.
Lastly true just specifies that the block retrogens. Always a good thing.

You need to edit CoFHWorld.cfg:
# This allows for custom generation to be specified in the WorldCustomGen.txt file.
B:AllowCustomGeneration=true

When you load the game, CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg will update from the information from WorldCustomGen.txt in a custom section of the config. I always delete this custom section if I edited WorldCustomGen, just to be on the safe side.
It's easier to edit the txt file then the cfg file.

RegularCrafter

Jul 29, 2019
Nice necro, but it's quite easy.

the text file gives examples, but I'll go through it all using an example from my personal worldgen file.

Code:
UNIFORM    golDirt2    3    0    32    8    50    128    true
First you need to specify UNIFORM or NORMAL, tbh, you might as well use UNIFORM. NORMAL is slightly different and increases the concentration of a block at a specific level, bit like a chance graph of /\, while UNIFORM is more --
Next press TAB
Then you need a unique name, I'm adding more dirt, so I called it golDirt2
Next it needs the block and meta ID. Dirt is 3:0 (look in NEI) So thats 3 TAB 0
Next is the Cluster size, which is roughly how many blocks will spawn in a cluster. You can't generate a cluster smaller than 4. That's a limit of the vanilla MC mechanics (KL is making a fix for this in 1.7)
Next is the number of clusters, I'm asking for 8 clusters (or, if you like, 8 attempts at generating clusters)
After that it needs the minimum and maximum Y co-ords for the block. I want this extra dirt to spawn between 50 and 128.
Lastly true just specifies that the block retrogens. Always a good thing.

You need to edit CoFHWorld.cfg:
# This allows for custom generation to be specified in the WorldCustomGen.txt file.
B:AllowCustomGeneration=true

When you load the game, CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg will update from the information from WorldCustomGen.txt in a custom section of the config. I always delete this custom section if I edited WorldCustomGen, just to be on the safe side.
It's easier to edit the txt file then the cfg file.
Sorry If This Is Annoying To You But Where Do I Write This Code ? Like A New Document Or Edit A File ?

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thank you sir for this wealth of info. I've been wondering, though, is it possible to have CoFHCore control ores added by other mods, such as platinum (Electricraft) or certus quartz (AE)?
If you can disable the ore within that mods config, CoFHCore worldgen can generate it for you instead. I use mekanism, disable it's osmium ore, and use CoFH to generate it.

Sorry If This Is Annoying To You But Where Do I Write This Code ? Like A New Document Or Edit A File ?
Add it as additional lines to the CustomWorldGen.txt file.

Reactions: RegularCrafter

RockedBR

Jul 29, 2019
Hello:
I watched the Minecrack feed #66 and slowpoke mentioned that Thermal Expansion can change ore distribution. I checked the config and it has listings for copper, tin, silver, and lead. Can it modify other ores like gold, iron, and diamonds?
Hey, you know the name of the Config?
Im on a serious problem of copper