Thermal expansion help.

LilacCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I current have cofh core, thermal foundation, and thermal expansion installed.

For some reason I can't build a leadstone energy conduit. The item simply does not exist. (I searched the recipes.) I downloaded the thermal expansion file from the official teamcofh website. I have looked at the thermal expansion ftb wiki, and it does read that the conduits should be a part of thermal expansion; so what gives?

If someone would give me a link to a proper download; it would be greatly appreciated.

I also noticed that the reciped on the ftbwiki differ slightly; as they use ingots as opposed to me using gears on some recipes.

Many thanks.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Seems you didn't read the website closely enough. Conduits and Ducts are going to be a separate mod in 1.7.10, which is still in development.

LilacCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't aware that ducts are the same item as conduits. I have seen people using the conduits themselves; so I assume they were using a previous build?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
depending on your modlist, you could use:
XU pipe and energy node
Mekanism universal pipe
Ender IO conduit
MFR rednet
AE2 P2P (think it needs a conduit after but not 100% sure)

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
-[BuildCraft Energy pipes still work too]- :)
Lol, oops, yaaaaa can't move RF with BC pipes. Ignoreplzkthnx

LilacCraft

Jul 29, 2019
So I started using Mekanism.

Everything was great until I used the logistical transporter. It crashed.

Seems like a good enough reason to bump the thread.

Going to try some other mods that were mentioned in this thread.

Note to self: Try stuff in creative.

Still keeping Mekanism. The compatibility aspect of it is pretty darn swell. (Omg I can use rf with this stuff.)

Anyone have more suggestions; please notify me of them.

*likes stuff that is compatible with other stuff. Now seeking working transport pipes. *

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Anyone have more suggestions; please notify me of them.

*likes stuff that is compatible with other stuff. Now seeking working transport pipes. *
They have already been suggested, but I'd like to recommend Ender IO conduits. Some nice features:
  • Once configured, an item filter can be moved to another conduit. Settings are remembered until they're intentionally cleared.
  • No transport time for items (teleportation), which typically means very robust builds and low lag (from what I have seen).
  • Multiple types of conduits in one block space, compact and tidy builds.
  • Distance-ignoring priority system.
  • Channels, which enables multiple independent item routes within one conduit setup.
I was hesitant to use them at first, and a bit annoyed that TE ducts and conduits were "removed" in 1.7, but Ender IO turned out to be really good.