Thermal Expansion Code

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for someone who might be knowledgeable about how to edit a certain part of the Pulverizer recipe where there is only a 10% gravel output from cobblestone... Is there a way to change this or is it permanent with the source code from the website?

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, just got through talking with someone in the chat... Anyone willing to either create the mod to do what I am wanting or know where I can find a place where someone would do this?

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't the factorization grinder machine smash cobble to gravel 100% of the time? You don't actually need to mod TE.

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I am working on getting a grinder. I would just like to make it to where you can edit the secondary chance output recipes.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Why would you *WANT* more gravel? Honestly, I void all the gravel produced from the pulverizer hooked up to an Igneous Extruder to provide the flux material for the Induction Smelter.

And what you are asking for? Is never going to happen. No, you can't increase the percent chance of gold out of copper to 100%.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than asking why he wants to change things, I think we should help him instead.

That being said, I don't think there's a mod to change percents and stuff like that. But there is a mod that changes recipes.

Reactions: Gun_Shy

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than asking why he wants to change things, I think we should help him instead.

That being said, I don't think there's a mod to change percents and stuff like that. But there is a mod that changes recipes.

Really? what mod is this?

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
Another option, unless you're dedicated to the pulverizer, is the minimum stone from EE3. I use copious amounts of gravel for the large installations I tend to build, and that's the rout I go.

Or the rock crusher, which can be built pretty early game with sufficient mineshaft scavenging.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, you could just learn some java and make a patch? Of course, you can't release it to the public if you don't get the author permission.. That being said.. It should be pretty easy to do it :p

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I just tried creating a custom recipe... It didn't work. I actually tried simple first like changing Charcoal to coal, and that didn't work... any suggestions?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
As i've said, java JDK, Eclipse and a little patch.. shouldn't be too hard :) (really, if it's just a recipe you can just copy paste.. change id's and you're done..)

cmwatford

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, you could just learn some java and make a patch? Of course, you can't release it to the public if you don't get the author permission.. That being said.. It should be pretty easy to do it :p
That's a bit of misinformation. If all of the code in said "patch" were entirely of his own making he could do with it as he pleases.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Um, as far as i know, if you use another ones mod and make a patch or a conversion, you still need to get permission to release it, if you START a new mod, with compatibility with another one, thats yours.. But i may be wrong :p I will try to find the post about it xD

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i got the custom recipe to work... I wasn't taking in regard the metadata of charcoal (XXX;1) got that fixed... my next question would be, how do you use eclipse to mod mods (don't want to mess with using the API) and is there a way to do it without having to install the mod into the actual minecraft.java/jar?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Um, first you get java jdk, then MCP, then eclipse, use MCP to decompile minecraft AND the mod, the use eclipse to modify, recreate, etc.. Then compile, obfuscate and you're done. And, umm.. recipes should work in the mods folders... You just need to copy paste one of the recipes in the mod you want to patch, and modify some attributes so it works how you want it to. :D