Solved Thermal Expansion 70,000+ u/s cause TPS drop, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Twenty five gigabytes... I'm not sure how that happens, nor how you make regular backups of it.

Well, good luck in nailing down the problem. I'm going to continue keeping an eye on this thread just in case something similar starts happening on my server.

ye_Craft

Jul 29, 2019
same problem on my server, Mine is a dedicated server, crazy setup. I was very surprised that it lags. I tried moving from mcpc+ back to forge, nothing changes. From my knowledge of programming, i think that handler is used to process TE. I don't think there is anything we can do to improve this, except removing as many TE blocks as possible, by this means that the greatest number of blocks for TE usually are -ducts. I think this can be even considered as a bug(ya, a serious bug). Cause minecraft is on java and works by ticks, it doesn't seems reasonable to take thousands times of running times than other mods.

HireAMercenary

Jul 29, 2019
I Have yet to see this on the server I admin on, I would be interested if you can find the exact cause, 1 by 1 shut off chunkloaders for ALL bases till you can find the problem base or bases causing the majority of it. Based on the original screen shot I'm assuming it has to be in the nether as those appear to be possibly the only chunks loaded. Then if you can find the chunks associated with using the Most of the Thermal Expansion Handler. Perhaps then narrow down the design for which blocks are using it up.
Ill Keep a eye on this thread for updates.

as EXTREM Last Ditch effort you can uninstale Thermal Expansion (and its addons), start server, stop, Re add TE & Addons, Hope it fixes

Why i state Extrem Last Ditch, as anything thermal expansion will disapear Including WORLD GEN, ores, Machines, ect thats loaded. And who knows what other mayham you might get from removing a core mod like this. BACKUP your worlds if you do attempt.

Iv only attempted this with smaller mods like Portal Gun & Adv genetics in the past, but nothing as big as TE

Last edited:

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Update

I woke up to a few text messages saying TPS was at 5.6 Logged in, ran Opis, and boom, GTR again... This time the handler was at ~79,000 Being that this only happened over night, and TPS was better the day prior, I'm going to check out players' homes that logged in within the last 24 hours instead of two weeks and see if I can find anything odd.

I'll keep you guys posted.

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Both myself and another large gaming community are having the same issues, we have close to 40 players each on so its not possible to go about and look at everyone base

this happens on our Direwolf, Monster and Attack of the B team servers.

See the screenshots attached which show the same issue

http://gyazo.com/882903a4f5f0158cfdcfa197ccd4f209

http://i.imgur.com/RrddiRB.png

Im just wondering if anyone has spoken to MCPC as yet, as this seems to be related to it?

I would love to work with a few of you so we can get this sorted!

Matthew

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Twenty five gigabytes... I'm not sure how that happens, nor how you make regular backups of it.

Well, good luck in nailing down the problem. I'm going to continue keeping an eye on this thread just in case something similar starts happening on my server.
lol I have a world of 700B :) and proud of it! I do often clear chunk loaders to limit lag though.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
We are having the same issue on our Agrarian Skies server, the TE Grid Handler is very high in opis,

I noticed in the MCPC+ github comments that Slind14 is claiming this is nothing to do with MCPC+ but also occurs in Forge only environment.

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
I have not seen this issue as bad on Forge, it seems that MCPC Makes it worse. I can deal with a reboot every 12 hours but not 20 minutes in my case to keep tps high enough

Hope we can get the to bottom of this soon!

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this information, The images do not lie

Il remove all these blocks form my world. see what they do lag wise

Thanks

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
If it turns out to help you out, or if you have any questions, please post in the thread on MCF, i'll be more than happy to help. :)

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for my delayed reply here, I've been dealing with mainly the MCPC issue thread. I'll download and try that forge mod, I'd love it even more if it showed the coords of the pipe, hint :)

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
It does. :) When you do /pg scan <min>

It doesn't for auto removal... only for manual scan.

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
This is a Forge Based mod. It goes in the /mods directory, and will create its config file in /config

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Great, Trying this now! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1398893293][/DOUBLEPOST]ok im getting one problem, /pg is already used in the modpacks by Portal Gun mod, Is there any other command?

Status
Not open for further replies.