Thermal Dynamics Servo problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

AncientITTI

Hello,
I have a problem with servos. We play on a Nitrado Server with Direwolf 1.12.2. I have the servos connected with Itemducts, but since a few days, when nobody was online and one joins the server, the Sevos didtn work the whole time. All Chests were full so nothing was pulled out of it. Anyone have an idea what happened?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hello,
I have a problem with servos. We play on a Nitrado Server with Direwolf 1.12.2. I have the servos connected with Itemducts, but since a few days, when nobody was online and one joins the server, the Sevos didtn work the whole time. All Chests were full so nothing was pulled out of it. Anyone have an idea what happened?
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like a chunkloading issue. You're saying the stuff doesn't work when nobody is online, correct?

If that's the case, its a normal chunkloading issue: nothing runs in a chunk if the chunk isn't loaded, and by default chunks don't load if nobody's nearby. There are solutions for this. Can you confirm its your problem?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
A

AncientITTI

I dont think so because

1. The Chunks are loaded with the Chunk claim option of journey map

2. The servos wont start to work again when someone is online and right before them and other things like an ore generator from actually additions seems so work because the chest is completely full of ores when someone goes online again and the reactors are empty too so the worked when nobody was online

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dont think so because

1. The Chunks are loaded with the Chunk claim option of journey map

2. The servos wont start to work again when someone is online and right before them and other things like an ore generator from actually additions seems so work because the chest is completely full of ores when someone goes online again and the reactors are empty too so the worked when nobody was online
I'm not familiar with the chunk claim option in journey map. Is it similar to the FTB utilities one? In that one, you need to ctrl-click (I think) the chunks in order to forceload them (otherwise you're just "claiming" them, which is different)

If they don't start up again magically when you're around, it could be a legitimate bug and should be reported to the CoFH team.

A

AncientITTI

Ok i read on reddit that the Chunk-claim from journeymap only works if someone is logged in. Is it possible that other things like big reactors work without a chunkloader when noone is online?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok i read on reddit that the Chunk-claim from journeymap only works if someone is logged in. Is it possible that other things like big reactors work without a chunkloader when noone is online?
I can't speak for Big Reactors specifically, but some mods do forcibly load chunks unilaterally. I wouldn't be surprised if Big Reactors does so since its a multiblock and it would be problematic if parts of the structure unloaded while others didn't.