The ^<V Game

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^ Took the blue pill.
< Sometimes wishes he WAS in a computer
v Has not seen the Final Flight of the Osiris short from The Animatrix.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^ Has missed out!
< WILL explain what it is :D
v May appreciate the explanation.

The Animatrix was a series of animated short films, released between the first film and the second two, that were various stories in the world of the Matrix - some more artistic, some more gritty and grounded. The one I mentioned by name tells how the crew of the hovercraft Osiris discovered the machines preparing to dig into Zion and managed to pass on the message inside the Matrix (to be discovered by Niobe) - at the cost of their lives. Another called “Kid’s Story” tells about the character of the Kid from the Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions and how he was able to achieve self-substantiation (freeing himself felt the Matrix), though he considers it to be Neo’s actions and not his own.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
^ Provided a very cool explination
< Needs to get around to watching The Matrix
v Doesn't know what to do

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^ Is thoughtful for using Celsius for my benefit (thank you!)
< Uses Celsius, and has no sense of scale for Fahrenheit (but can apparently spell it first time \o/ )
v Has never played the original Diablo

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^ Is correct! I've heard about them, and I think they'd be my jam though.
< Has played Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, but hasn't finished the latter.
v Likes the RPG genre.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
^ Is mostly correct
< Enjoys RPGs, though not when the mechanics aren't explained
v Min/maxes a lot

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^ Has clearly missed out on a classic D&D RPG game from back in the day :D It actually used the 2nd Edition rules for character stuff (weapons, armour, stats and stuff) if I remember correctly, modified so you can fight in real time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate
< Is on a real D&D kick at the moment...
v Has read the latest Order of the Stick