The ^<V Game

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
^ not really right
< heard it is made in The Netherlands so I guess it is alright :p
v didn't know that

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Is quite right.
< Has heard that Python might be surpassing FORTRAN at some point as the main programming language in science (or, at least, computational chemistry)
v Did not hear that from anyone

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
^ Englishes good
< Has bad other languages
V Can communicate effectively in another language

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Maybe somewhat? I've taken a couple semesters of Spanish, but there's still a lot I don't know about it.
< Has not much to say
v Will change subject dramatically

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
^ Could be right
< Suddenly my teacher decided that we were not allowed to choose what to work on for the next project. His reason: that way you don't make it for yourself thus making it stays fun for longer
v either agrees or disagrees with my teacher. (my guess is disagree)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Well, he might have a point...
< Needs more information
v Will post more information about Lens's project, the space of possible things to work on, what the teacher chose, what Lens would've chosen, etc.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
^ now gets more information
< knows that it should count for everyone, another teacher liked my idea, the choose able projects are horrible to say the least.
In het netwerklab in Milano experimenteren heel veel leerlingen met routers, servers en DNS-settings. Dat gaat natuurlijk mis als iedereen hetzelfde IP-adres gebruikt. Bij SimNet IP kun je een IP-adres (of een range) aanvragen. Hierdoor weet je zeker dat jouw IP-adres niet botst met die van je medeleerling en dat je dus iets anders fout gedaan hebt.
v has no idea what the thing in the spoiler says without translators

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Indeed.
< According to Google:
In netwerklab Milano experiment a lot of students with routers, servers, and DNS settings. Of course, that goes wrong when everyone is using the same IP address. On SimNet IP can be an IP address (or range) requests. This lets you know for sure that your IP address does not conflict with those of your fellow students and you have so done something else wrong.
v Something about some some SimNet system that prevents IP address collisions?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
^ is kind of right
< It is a site that shows 1 or multiple ip addresses that are currently not yet in use(by this group). This according to that text would then be used by some other students to configure a network in the network-lab.
Most of the times those groups exist of 3 people or so at most.
This basically means you make it for people who can't at all communicate with each other yet somehow manage to insert stuff into a site, read the output of said site and use it. HOW EXITING!. The only way you can make it exiting is if you also make it do all the math to get all the possible ip address and even then.... Oh, did I forgot to mention the backwards logic of needing a site (which means an Internet connection) To put the network together?
As for the math part (with is the only fun thing and it isn't even mentioned if it needs to be able to calculate all the possible ip's or just need to get a min and max or something), I already know how to do that or at least I used to know it not sure if I remember it correctly though.
v agrees that that is kind of boring and especially pointless

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Yeah, the bit about needing to use an external website to get your network running seems a bit off.
< Unless the users have an Internet connection independent of the network they're trying to put together?
v And, in that case, how would the server know what IPs are taken when it's not connected to the network it's supposed to manage?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
^ forgets about the wonderful thing called a database
< users make a group->users fill in something so the site knows the max and min value->users in said group can request a "random" ip address that gets stored in the database to make sure no duplicates are giving out
v understands it now and finds it pointless because: BASIC COMMUNICATION IS A THING!

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
^ Is that not the job of DHCP
< Also, talking exists
V The assigned of the pointless project

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
^ well...DHCP is automatic, this still needs to be set by someone
< another "fun" project
Het is niet bepaald makkelijk om code in te leveren via It’s Learning: bin- en obj-mappen weggooien, zippen, uploaden en bij iedere aanpassing is het hetzelfde riedeltje. Hebben we daar niet GitHub voor?

Docenten kunnen in It’s GitHub opdrachten plaatsen door middel van Markdown. Leerlingen kunnen vervolgens opgeven waar hun code staat in GitHub. Iedere keer dat je als leerling code pusht naar de master-branch, ziet It’s GitHub automatisch dat je je werk hebt ingeleverd. Hiervoor maakt It’s GitHub gebruik van de GitHub API.
reason its pointless, the site they mentioned (itslearning) can also work correctly with text and links and as this project still need the student to insert a link to the project......
V will use a translator and agree that this one is also kind of pointless.....

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Oh look, I've still got Google Translate open from last time
<
It's not exactly easy to deliver in code via It's Learning: inner and throw obj folders, zip, upload and with every adjustment is the same tune. We did not go to GitHub?

Teachers can put in It's GitHub commands through Markdown. Students can then specify where their code on GitHub. Every time you as a student code pushes the master branch, It's GitHub automatically shows that you have handed in your work. For this purpose It's GitHub GitHub use the API.
v So... you need to create some kind of GitHub-based version of something like Moodle?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
^ Soytenly.
< It's a website (or, perhaps more accurately, a template for websites used by schools) that allows instructors to post information and assignments for students in their classes, create dropboxes where students can upload completed assignments, and even set up automatically-graded quizzes and tests.
v Has a better understanding now

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
^ Had an effective understanding
< Uses moodle at school
V Is more active than I on here