The Manufacturing Singularity

Calrizan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a terrible habit of overdoing factories that I build, so here's a bit of something that people might like. It's not completely done, nor is the base that it's attached to.

The storage system isn't pictured here, given that it's somewhat slapped onto the side of the building. Once the floors are complete, all of the storage will be relocated.

The factory building itself with some of the levels still incomplete. The towers are 27-block turbines, each generating 23k RF/t and complete with 450M RF of storage at their bases. The reactor is slightly off to the bottom-left, operating at 25% of maximum output to supply both turbines.
cwaHYKB.jpg
Making full use of the channel features that AE2 provides to make "Assembly Towers". 8 interfaces per tower, 32 assemblers per tower, 4 towers per section. 32 interfaces allow up to 128 simultaneous crafting tasks to be operated at the same time, if some bizarre recipe were to require it.
I4F3hHi.jpg
Each tower has it's own respective co-processor. 8 jobs can be processed at once with up to 16 when completed. We're using the most basic of crafting storage right now, but we intend to upgrade.
3h8zi7y.jpg
A closer view of the Molecular Assembler/Interface towers.
L4xh9mx.png
Each section is denoted by a color, both from lights and cabling. I didn't have the red lamps installed yet though. The section I'm standing in right now is Yellow.
gPGiUSH.jpg
Lots of conduits and interfaces. 5 furnaces and 5 SAG mills are clustered around Interfaces to allow for more jobs to be done at once. This is the main bottleneck of the system. Requesting over 900 iron to be produced is done 5 times faster than requesting a mere 64, thanks to how interfaces operate. These machines may be replaced with IC2 down the line. The Thermal Expansion machines create energy cells.
oELdo5R.jpg
Here's where everything connects together. The pink cabling connects to the storage/crafting interfaces at the front of the building. The gray, thinner cables pictured here carry 8 channels each, while the larger cables carry 32 channels. You can see that the blue cable at the ME Controller has all 32 channels in use.
It'd be convenient if we had 16-channel cables too.
Ru8QzAD.jpg

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, I love it. Many people hide their cables stuff under floors and behind covers, But I definitely prefer your style where they are integrated into the build. What block is that you are using for the majority of the building?

Calrizan

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, I love it. Many people hide their cables stuff under floors and behind covers, But I definitely prefer your style where they are integrated into the build. What block is that you are using for the majority of the building?
Using the Chiseled Temple Blocks for most of the outside. The walkways are made from factory blocks.