The Lost Cities: new RFTools Dimension type

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That looks pretty neat. That screenshot towards the end, is that generated to look like a bomb went off there, or did you blow stuff up for the fun of it?

That's kinda of neat if it's meant to be like the ruins of a city from a civilization that destroyed itself.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
That looks pretty neat. That screenshot towards the end, is that generated to look like a bomb went off there, or did you blow stuff up for the fun of it?

That's kinda of neat if it's meant to be like the ruins of a city from a civilization that destroyed itself.

That's exactly the idea

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
is it purely a lost city or are there also other things in the city, such as dungeons, chests and mob spawners?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
There is some good loot in there. Including very rare modular storage from rftools filled with some goodies

Also lots of spawners
I hope you don't mind me saying, but the buildings here look rather similar in design to some of those in the "City" areas in the overworld that can be found in the Invasion Modpack (I've been watching Direwolf20's LP) - is that a coincidence, or is that your handiwork?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
There is some good loot in there. Including very rare modular storage from rftools filled with some goodies

Also lots of spawners

how's the generation of the spawners and chests? is it dynamic as in it can be in different places in the same type of building, or is it constantly at the same place?
if it's dynamic the player will really need to explore each building as if it's a new one, otherwise the player can easily pick the good buildings out, quickly get the chests and break the spawners and leave again.

Reactions: glepet1962

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
how's the generation of the spawners and chests? is it dynamic as in it can be in different places in the same type of building, or is it constantly at the same place?
if it's dynamic the player will really need to explore each building as if it's a new one, otherwise the player can easily pick the good buildings out, quickly get the chests and break the spawners and leave again.

Well the buildings themselves are dynamic. i.e. every level is picked from a set of level parts. So in that sense the spawners are randomized too. But I'll add more randomness possibilities.

Breaking the spawners is sometimes hard. Some of the spawners are hidden pretty well :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I immediately want to rebuild that civilization. Is this going to be a biome, or just world generation at random? Having an entire single biome dimension of that would be crazy, but I wouldn't always want it infringing on my Overworld. Amazing work. I can't wait to start going house to house.

V

VulgarBear

Looks wonderful can't wait to get playing with it in game!