The future of Feed The Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Laguy did a summary of the video (for those who don't have time to watch now) earlier, posted here.

My own quick notes I jotted while listening:
  • Looking for (maybe beta) pack releases on Saturday for 1.4.6 (as always, plans may/are subject to change).
  • "95%" being able to use beta pack worlds with the new packs, but the worlds will probably need some tweaks to be 100%.
  • Mindcrack will (very most probably) be restarting their FTB server play, with their own "Mindcrack" pack being available on the launcher for folks to play using the same mods.
  • Going forward, packs will be using Thermal Expansion versions of Ore Dictionary ores, which are heavily customizable for levels of propagation/density so that users can rebalance themselves if necessary.
  • Last night added a "private pack" functionality, using a hash code to download the appropriate mods to match some more custom servers using tweaked versions of the packs (yay!)
  • FTB is looking at Forge Essentials as the server management suite to fill the hole in server management not having bukkit w/ forge leaves, but more info as that matures.
  • Livestream Saturday for more info (confirmation on Twitter forthcoming).

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask, where would we find more information about private server packs?
I'd anticipate we'll hear more about it if Saturday's stream goes through. jjw did some code commits on the mentioned evening if you check the Git, but if you aren't that deep into code monkeying it's not at all useful to look at, and we haven't officially received a binary with this change yet.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
I'd anticipate we'll hear more about it if Saturday's stream goes through. jjw did some code commits on the mentioned evening if you check the Git, but if you aren't that deep into code monkeying it's not at all useful to look at, and we haven't officially received a binary with this change yet.

Thank you :D

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I am SO looking forward to the private server pack. This is exactly the functionality on my wishlist. Thank you folks so much for providing such a useful tool for the community!

Reactions: Ashzification

Peffern

Jul 29, 2019
The Private server pack is great. SO looking forward (just need to disable a few mods). Also 2 questions.
1. It appears crafting recipes are clientside? Because when I set the GregTech config file to say "expensiveSolarRecipe=false" the solars are uncraftable and when I uninstall it, the server is still looking for the GregTech Recipes (still uncraftable). Is there a fix?
2. It appears that whichever type of silver ore that is implemented by default (I think it's the GregTech silver) does not slag. Help?

Decrayer

Jul 29, 2019
The crafting receipes aren't only client-side. For example, if you activate the normal UU-Mass Fabricator on the server, you ARE able to craft it. But the client doesn't show the recipe properly so you have to look the recipe up, put it in the crafting grid and click on the empty apprearing output slot. So better change such options on the server AND the client side to keep a nice experience.

Peffern

Jul 29, 2019
The crafting receipes aren't only client-side. For example, if you activate the normal UU-Mass Fabricator on the server, you ARE able to craft it. But the client doesn't show the recipe properly so you have to look the recipe up, put it in the crafting grid and click on the empty apprearing output slot. So better change such options on the server AND the client side to keep a nice experience.
really?
Well that's interesting; I disabled the expensive macerator recipe (on the server) and the original (flint+cobble) recipe does not work and the new (diamond) recipe didn't work either!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that since the massfab/matterfab are two different items, it is available but the same-item-different-recipe is not solvable in this way.
EDIT: modifying both the server and the client yields the desired result. However I can point out that having run 3 incarnations of this so far (with the built in FTB launcher), upwards of 15 incarnations using multiMC, and several prior, not counting my non-techmod server, I AM DONE trying to get my players to modify their configs. DONE.

Eligos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make a mod that includes every single on till now? It would be great not having to switch. You could even make a custom modpack not having to decide which one to play.

DiZASTiX

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make a mod that includes every single on till now? It would be great not having to switch. You could even make a custom modpack not having to decide which one to play.

It's more of a matter of making all the block IDs work out right. Logically, some mods would be mutually-exclusive if they have different behaviors, but these changes can be overridden manually by performing specific edits/hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.