The Frozen Wastes [WIP][HQM][Magic/Exploration][Jampacked2]

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Hold fast to dreams. For when dreams go. Life is a barren field. Frozen with snow.

It is the year 776, a whole 20 years have passed since the Æther collapse. Since then I've been working tirelessly to return home. My precious world was lost to me. Now all I have left is this froze wasteland before me. heheeeehhehh at least I have the company of Wilson to keep me sane.

This is a massive project I've been developing on for months now. With the announcement of Jampacked II it is time to begin real development. The modpack will be centered around AM2 & Botania. However a lot of the pack will be based around linear RPG guided exploration. There will be puzzles and they will break your concept of sanity. The idea of the pack is to make you feel like you lived for 20 years. You're only now realizing that the time has caused you to go insane. All you have left to the clues that await your salvation hide within your own dreams.

Presently I am seeking a team to assist in the development of this project.
Mainly what I need are as follows

Builders (this is a very serious role. As a lot of the story telling will come from the builds themselves)
Redstoners
Map designers
scriptors
texture artists.

If you're interested in assisting me at all. Please shoot me a PM or knock on my door at twitter. My contact information is in my forum signature.

Reactions: Skvapter

Batby

Jul 29, 2019
Hey not trying to be rude but since this has been publicly developed does that not mean you cant send it in as the rules state?

Reactions: karmarcharger

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey not trying to be rude but since this has been publicly developed does that not mean you cant send it in as the rules state?

Actually there has been zero development for the pack since it's original announcement. A lot of what was going to be in the pack has been completely changed. The old Frozen Wastes was going to be a hardcore survival pack. However I found it might be more interesting to have a survival theme. But more focus on exploration and magic. I scrapped a lot of the tech I had in the pack. In essence this is a entirely new pack with a new focus.

Also in the last Jampacked there were exceptions made in regards to that rule.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I would be your builder/Scripter if you want ;)

Do you have any examples of your work I can see? I guess I should have mentioned that examples are a sure fire way to get my attention. My standards are not very high i simply like knowing what you can and cannot do.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I can help with Scripting, and possibly, if this position will ever be available, Quest Designer/Lore Master, whatever you call it.

Examples of work: Read the Lore of my pack, Technological Rebellion

I'll think on it for a bit. You seem to have potential in writing good lore. Which actually is going to be a very important part of this project.

Matter of fact i'll give you a challenge. Using what little I gave in my Stories snip. I'd like to see your own interpretation of the world I am envisioning.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty good at redstone if you need me, just tell me what to make and I'll probably find a way ;)

Emanuel Olinasde

Jul 29, 2019
@Nanakisan Check this out.

I suggest opening it with Notepad++, but you can use your own text editor if you like it more :p

For everyone else, you can read it if you want and be jealous about it... Nah I'm just kidding but you can still read it if you want!

Attachments

• Lore for Nanakisan - JAMPACKED 2.txt
    2 KB · Views: 74

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
@Nanakisan Check this out.

I suggest opening it with Notepad++, but you can use your own text editor if you like it more :p

For everyone else, you can read it if you want and be jealous about it... Nah I'm just kidding but you can still read it if you want!

Well now...I am actually impressed! you sir have made the cut as co-lore / quest writer.

I'm pretty good at redstone if you need me, just tell me what to make and I'll probably find a way ;)

like I said with Emanuel.
Do you have any examples? I am mostly looking for someone who can use Command Blocks, CC (i'm going to disable all it's recipes). Blue Power. There are things I'd like done using frame machines. Mostly to make interactions quite interesting.

-edit-
I'll be gone on a trip for a week tomorrow. So I most likely won't have any groups established for a bit

Emanuel Olinasde

Jul 29, 2019
Well now...I am actually impressed! you sir have made the cut as co-lore / quest writer.
-edit-
I'll be gone on a trip for a week tomorrow. So I most likely won't have any groups established for a bit

YAAAAHOOOOO for making the cut to co-lore/quest writer
AWWWWW for you leaving and me having to wait another week, but it's ok. Need to finish some stuff for other people to ;)

GreenEyedEnderman

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any examples of your work I can see? I guess I should have mentioned that examples are a sure fire way to get my attention. My standards are not very high i simply like knowing what you can and cannot do.
Well no experience right now but I gotta start somewhere

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Well no experience right now but I gotta start somewhere

I'll drag yah into a vanilla creative server I am known to hover in often. Just to see what you can and cannot do, anyway my trip is almost over. So won't be long till real development of the pack begins.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Building wise what are you expecting?

One of the main features of the pack will be exploration of pre-built worlds. Think of each world as a sort of dream our insane stranded man created with magic. Each world comes with a specific puzzle and goal required to complete it. Which also brings you closer to getting free from the world you were forced into.

In short I need people who's building skills are not "professional" but rather detailed to some extent. I've seen some incredible builds in my past done by ordinary people. but for a definitive answer imagine this as a featured world.

wcownz12233

Jul 29, 2019
One of the main features of the pack will be exploration of pre-built worlds. Think of each world as a sort of dream our insane stranded man created with magic. Each world comes with a specific puzzle and goal required to complete it. Which also brings you closer to getting free from the world you were forced into.

In short I need people who's building skills are not "professional" but rather detailed to some extent. I've seen some incredible builds in my past done by ordinary people. but for a definitive answer imagine this as a featured world.
I would love to help with the building, If you give me some time I can build something that fits into the map and see if you approve.