The Foresty - RotaryCraft server pickle

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
So a few weeks back, I tried to pop up a new server with Infinity 2.3.x, and RotaryCraft wouldn't run as Forestry had been updated to 4.x and stuff was not behaving.

Then the whole Binnie's lack of updates happened, and it seems they have rolled Infinity back to Forestry 3.x.

Now I'm trying to run the server, and RotaryCraft is throwing a tantrum once again cos Forestry isn't 4.x this time.

*cries*

Help! I do want to have RoC in this pack, but I'm not updating Forestry to 4.x and Binnie's mods are important to a lot of people in my Minecraft circles :(

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, the root problem actually isn't Forestry. I've tried the same thing, going from the 9-seires to the 10-series of Reika's stuff and, once I hammered out the dependencies, the biggest issue is that Infinity is a few versions of Forge lower than that which is used by the updated mods. If you're just doing this for your own SSP stuff, you could get MultiMC and make an instance that uses Forge 1566 or above (for 1.7.10, obviously) and copy the mods/configs/scripts over from FTB.

Note that I'm not 100% sure that the latest version of Infinity 1.7.10 is still a few Forge versions behind...they might have fixed that, I dunno. It'd be lovely if they updated, though...

Lastly, Reika doesn't keep old versions of his stuff available because people tend to pester him a lot with issues that have already been resolved in various updates, in addition to getting balance complaints from people using old versions when later ones fix the very things about which they are complaining.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I'm still running v8g of RoC on my current old server, might as well hold on to the v8 files until all this pans out.

Which is a pity, cos I was going through Reika's changelogs and saw a few things that I liked - like support for Carpenter's Blocks etc.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Downgraded to V8 and I'll leave it that, until Binnie makes a comeback.