The Feed The Beast Apocalypse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
probably a very dumm stupid noob question but how do i get that pack

(god that sounds stupid :()

You can Google the names of all the mods and download them, then add them into a blank pack.

And by blank pack, I mean a vanilla Minecraft install but with forge installed into it.

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around with a lot different mods, but rather than make a post about every new mod I'm just gonna start editing the first post with the mods I'm currently using. Refer to that if you're curios

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone wants up to date versions of Industial Craft - it is still being maintained.
1.4.7 versions will not work with 1.5.x .

The creative head of IC2 is away from modding at the moment, as a result full and official releases of IC2 are not being done since 1.4 something. But IC2 addons like nuclear control, gravisuite, and gregtech et. al are available in 1.5.x. You can find 1.5.x versions of industrial craft at this website

http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/

This is referred to on other forums within feed the beast for example.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ic2-is-slowly-dying-out.20398/page-3

In the new versions of IC2 there are new boats. Haven't tried them out yet but they look interesting.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
made by richardG :) also wich dowload do i have to put where where is the installation manual or something help me please

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question how did you do this i thought you had a great idea so i installed some mods and stuff and yeah it was scary i also installed the invasion mod not knowing what it is i cinda exxpected monsters to come attack you all the nights also your first time but well it was my fisrt night i was scared but nothing happened i did a tiny bit of research and found out you need to put something in the nexus thing to make the invasion thing hppen and stuff but did you just cheat it in and also you can just not activate it or go awy from it cant you do i misunderstand it or do you force yourself to activate it every night and stay there i honestly dont get howw you use the invasion mod so please tell em thank you :)

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question how did you do this i thought you had a great idea so i installed some mods and stuff and yeah it was scary i also installed the invasion mod not knowing what it is i cinda exxpected monsters to come attack you all the nights also your first time but well it was my fisrt night i was scared but nothing happened i did a tiny bit of research and found out you need to put something in the nexus thing to make the invasion thing hppen and stuff but did you just cheat it in and also you can just not activate it or go awy from it cant you do i misunderstand it or do you force yourself to activate it every night and stay there i honestly dont get howw you use the invasion mod so please tell em thank you :)

The invasion mod works in a few ways. You can use the nexus with the Unstable Catalyst. Using this makes waves of monsters come at you day and night and they dont stop until they've destroyed the nexus.

The Stable Catalyst will cause nightly invasions that stop during the day, they increase in intensity as time goes on until, again, the nexus is destroyed.

Then theres just naturally spawning mobs, these mobs will spawn at night like normal ones and chase after you, and they'll break through blocks to get at you. However, this is off by default, to enable it you have to go into the config file of the invasion mod and enable it. The config will also allow you to customize how tough these mobs will be and the frequency of certain mobs over the others. As well as how many mobs of any kind can all be spawned at once, the default being 70 I believe careful if you increase it though, could really slow down your game.[DOUBLEPOST=1371030365][/DOUBLEPOST]The Dangers of Modding: So I ended up getting shot by a Skeleton while harvesting a falling meteor and my minecraft crashed. I managed to get back in time to get my items back but when i went back home I discovered the error had wiped ALL of my Ars Magica levels and deleted every spell recipie I knew. I was able to cheat my levels back (Because really, I'm not gonna let an error do that shit) but I found theres no way to spawn in the spell recipies. So I'm back to square one on my spell research. Which I was fairly far in, believe me.
As you might guess I'm rather angry at minecraft for the moment, this might be a good time to take a break from the game for a few days.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
the effect of my first invasion i made it to wave 7 gonna build a better one now and get more ammo for my guns form flans mod :)

Attachments

• 2013-06-12_13.40.23.png
    2013-06-12_13.40.23.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 41

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
the next fortress have lots and lots of ammo now gonna see if this works

(yes im in crative its just for the screenshot)

Attachments

• 2013-06-12_13.49.17.png
    2013-06-12_13.49.17.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 45

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
made by richardG :) also wich dowload do i have to put where where is the installation manual or something help me please

On the site near the top there is a section that says last successful artifacts with three downloads in it. The first two are to do with mod development. The one you install for your game is the third one. That will give you the last stable. To install, just do it like every other mod. I have not yet ever used the feed the beast launcher so I don't know how to add/remove mods through that. But if you use MultiMC you just right click your instance and select edit mods and add your IC2 file in the mods tab. If you don't have MultiMC just put it in the mods folder on startup. If you have any IC2 addons make sure they are compatible. Compare using version numbers. One other thing, make sure any existing IC2 files are removed from your instance, including the config (back your config up though it will come in handy if you want to preserve block/item ids). Make sure you back up your instance before you modify it. It is also helpful to do an block/item ID dump with NEI before you start changing mods. Any crashes will most likely be to do with ID conflicts (NEI ID dump will come in handy here), or clashes with old IC2 material or addon incompatibility. You can change block and item ids in the config files. Any other problems might simply be a problem with the IC2 version so if necessary get another one from the build history but only do that if you know if that version is stable.

If you knew a lot of what I just said, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence or anything, I was just writing it down like that to make sure I didn't miss anything and that it was as clear as possible.
Hope this helps