The Feed The Beast Apocalypse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so after a little testing here and there, here's the mods I'm using so far:

Forge Mod Loader (Obviously)
Code Chicken Core (For NEI) -ChickenBones
Not Enough Items - ChickenBones
Dynamic Lights - AtomicStryker
Ruins Mod -AtomicStryker (Config'd to make ruins a lot more rare.)
Damage Indicators - rich1051414
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 -nerd-boy (This mod is still in development, so is very basic at the moment.)
Minefantasy - AnonymousProductions
Rei's Minimap -ReiFNSK
Ars Magica -Mithion
Backpack Mod -Eydamos
Biblocraft -Nuchaz
ExtrabiomesXL -MisterFiber
Invasion Mod -Lieu
Falling Meteors -AlexDGr8r
Timber! -TehKrush
Rotten Flesh to Leather -EpicBlargh

Two other mods I attempted to add were
Microblocks -Immibis
Weather & Tornados -Coros
Both of these mods did the annoying Black Screen crash, the kind that doesn't give me a crash report I can use to figure out the problem. So that'll have to be figured out to use those.

A lot of Coros' mods look great for this kind of world actually, however most of them are still in development and/or are outdated atm, but I'll keep an eye on him for now.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
You might have already done this, if so ignore me, but did you put immibis microblocs in the coremods folder. Also you might need immibis core as well but that might be for his other mods. It should say on the forum post anyway.

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
You might have already done this, if so ignore me, but did you put immibis microblocs in the coremods folder. Also you might need immibis core as well but that might be for his other mods. It should say on the forum post anyway.

I did attempt that, lol. Its probably incompatibility with something else, which is always a risk with this many mods, lol.

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I just had another mod idea that would fit nicely into your pack: Atomicstrykers Infernal Mobs. This mod adds rare monsters, that have additional effects (like extra strong and fast zombies, skeletons that poison you, creepers spwaning spider webs to slow you down, spiders that spawn copies of themself if damaged and so on - there are loads of modifiers and they are selected randomly). I don't know how well it plays together with the invasion mod, but .... well, seems like its worth a try.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Apocalypse, eh? Sounds awesome! I loved fallout 3. I do hope that you are playing on hard for the full zombie experience.

If you've got the magics happening, then I don't really have any suggestions, I like semi-techy and steampunky apocalypses. You might want to install mutant creatures, as they rarely spawn by themselves.

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I just had another mod idea that would fit nicely into your pack: Atomicstrykers Infernal Mobs. This mod adds rare monsters, that have additional effects (like extra strong and fast zombies, skeletons that poison you, creepers spwaning spider webs to slow you down, spiders that spawn copies of themself if damaged and so on - there are loads of modifiers and they are selected randomly). I don't know how well it plays together with the invasion mod, but .... well, seems like its worth a try.

Infernal Mobs is another one of those mobs that I've played with before and didn't like. Some of the effects placed on monsters were more annoying than challenging and the rewards are too much for my taste depending on what kind of monster you fought to get it. Other are welcome to use it however.

Apocalypse, eh? Sounds awesome! I loved fallout 3. I do hope that you are playing on hard for the full zombie experience.

If you've got the magics happening, then I don't really have any suggestions, I like semi-techy and steampunky apocalypses. You might want to install mutant creatures, as they rarely spawn by themselves.

These are just the mod's I'm using, if you're more into technology than magic then feel free to replace the magical mods with tech ones. It would be kind've awesome to see a server some day where mages struggling to unlock the lost secrets of magic find themselves at war with people living off the scraps of technology of the old world. Or you could just be reasonable and use a combination of both magic and tech, but we all know that's blasphemy.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
These are just the mod's I'm using, if you're more into technology than magic then feel free to replace the magical mods with tech ones. It would be kind've awesome to see a server some day where mages struggling to unlock the lost secrets of magic find themselves at war with people living off the scraps of technology of the old world. Or you could just be reasonable and use a combination of both magic and tech, but we all know that's blasphemy.
Didn't mean to bash your modpack, I like it! And you have no idea of the magitech I'm immersed with. It makes me sad that they're fixing enchanting electric tools.

And all worldgen errors are caused by warring wizards.

Now I need to look for a mod that worldgens semi-techy villages.

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't mean to bash your modpack, I like it! And you have no idea of the magitech I'm immersed with. It makes me sad that they're fixing enchanting electric tools.

And all worldgen errors are caused by warring wizards.

Now I need to look for a mod that worldgens semi-techy villages.

I didn't mean to imply you were bashing my pack, lol. I do sometimes use the technical mods as well but they're much less useful in the situation being as you need a lot of materials to get started in something like buildcraft or IC2, not to mention all the rubber you need when you happen to live in a world with little to no trees, lol. Secondly, theres a lot of complicated pipes and wiring you have to set up which takes quite a lot of space, which may be severely limited, and when you're like me and being constantly attacked by monsters, they'll chew through all your carefully constructed systems like a horde of angry gerbils.

Forestry is a lot more simple and accessible however...could possibly be a part in the future.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
And a poorly constructed nuclear reactor can be just as destructive as an angry wizard let me remind you.

If you do find such a mod let me know, it'd actually be nice to find a mod that could worldgen a modern town/city. Ruined of course, as everything should be in this pack, but it could be great place to find old guns and machine scraps to help you put together workshops.

Even cooler would be a mod that worldgens a system of subway tunnels like they do with Mineshafts.
Metrocraft 2033 anyone? xD

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you should look at adding Extra Utilities?

It doesn't add too terribly much like you would want but the Division Sigil would be.. interesting.

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you should look at adding Extra Utilities?

It doesn't add too terribly much like you would want but the Division Sigil would be.. interesting.

This mod actually looks very good, the spikes are cool, and I really love the sound of the trading post.

Just to keep anyone whos interested up to date, I've added:
Iron Chests - cpw
Chest Mover - CubeX2 (Lets you move chests from one place to another over a short distance without having to completely empty it.)
And yes they are compatible. :D

I've also been looking at a mod called Custom Stuff 2, also by CubeX2. From the sounds of it this might actually solve some problems for me when it comes to little things like, alternative ways to get leather, dyes, feathers, and all that.
I actually know a fair amount when it comes to Java but have never gotten into Modding really, but this little mod might actually open a few doors for this little modpack of mine.

After I play around with it a bit, I'll post the results here, and if anyone is interested I'll put the text files up for download somewhere.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
This mod actually looks very good, the spikes are cool, and I really love the sound of the trading post.

Just to keep anyone whos interested up to date, I've added:
Iron Chests - cpw
Chest Mover - CubeX2 (Lets you move chests from one place to another over a short distance without having to completely empty it.)
And yes they are compatible. :D

I've also been looking at a mod called Custom Stuff 2, also by CubeX2. From the sounds of it this might actually solve some problems for me when it comes to little things like, alternative ways to get leather, dyes, feathers, and all that.
I actually know a fair amount when it comes to Java but have never gotten into Modding really, but this little mod might actually open a few doors for this little modpack of mine.

After I play around with it a bit, I'll post the results here, and if anyone is interested I'll put the text files up for download somewhere.

Natura is a good mod, while it adds GREAT food and such, it makes it when you die your food isn't sorted and really makes the Nether non-boring. You could potentially survive there.

Reactions: the_j485

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
So, lately I've been playing on FTB Ultimate after doing a little editing to my Extrabiomes XL config files.

Basically only a few types of biomes will spawn in my worlds now. (The Wasteland Biome, The Redrock Mountains, Deserts, Desert Mountains, Glaciers, and Ice Wastelands)
I've also banned myself from using Mystcraft to get resources.

So far I've also installed Invasion Mod for the occasional monster raid on my base, Mine & Blade: Commander for a little help in defending myself, and Pet Bats mod to give me a companion in the lonely wasteland.

The two biggest challenges I face are:
1. Finding a tree to get started, they do exist, due to the way minecraft biome generation works, sometimes little forest and grass biomes appear on the borders of other biomes. So Trees are out there, but they're very rare and I dont always find one on the first night.
2. Food, the dead grass in the wastelands sometimes drops seeds but its rare (and they aren't always food seeds), the firest few days are usually spent sustaining myself with the occasional apple and rotten flesh. Xycraft helps a heck of a lot when you can gather the resources together.

After I overcome these two challenges, however, I start to lose that sense of desperation, and even the monster raids grow a bit dull as I build up the resources for better armor and weapons and create more secure bases. (I've also stopped myself from using the Rift Flux generated from the invasions except on very rare occasions. Makes getting diamonds and iron way too easy.)

So, long story short, I want ideas. How can I make my own little apocalypse more challenging, but not quite impossible. Make the struggle of surviving last a bit longer and have more eventual goals to work towards.

Second thing, I want to know if this intrigues anyone else. If you decide to try it post your first experiance here. :D

PS: I've already considered adding Underground Biomes & Biomes O' Plenty to add a bit more variety to the world but haven't attempted it yet.

witch version of the invasion mod do you use

Kumorineko

Jul 29, 2019
help me please how do i change the biomes that spawn ?? i cant find the configs :(

If you're using Extrabiomes XL you need to go to .minecraft/config/extrabiome/extrabiomes.cfg
open that file with notepad then use the replace function to replace most of the true booleans with false. Pay attention to which ones you replace however, take it slow and pay attention, you need at least one vanilla biome present, I chose desert.

If you're doing this for normal minecraft you'll find the .minecraft folder in appdata. If you're doing it for FTB find the folder you installed FTB in by opening up the launcher and clicking the Options tab, the first thing it says is where your install folder is.

witch version of the invasion mod do you use

I use the most recent version for when Im modding normal minecraft, but you need to download the 1.4.7 version if you're going to install it on an FTB pack.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for helping me :) also i want a technical mod in there exept flans so i was like industrialcraft duuuh but i cant find the proper dowload for it can someone help me with this?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for helping me :) also i want a technical mod in there exept flans so i was like industrialcraft duuuh but i cant find the proper dowload for it can someone help me with this?

You can always copy Industrialcraft from the mods folder in one of the other FTB modpacks.

The devs don't seem to care to put up updated versions anymore, so if you need a mod check to see if it's been downloaded in one of the FTB packs already.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
uuuuuuuh oke so you say that the 1.4.7 version of ic2 from ftb would work for 1.5.2 or am i misunderstanding ??