Open Server The Fancy Potato (Monster and Added mods) Currently Open to all players

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Rubri

Jul 29, 2019
Current IP: 192.111.132.64
As it is, the server is 100% open, until someone does something stupid to make me start a whitelist.

Currently running Monster, with all mods, plus a "few" mods listed here, which also doubles as a convenient download space. There are also required config files here due to the insane amount of block and item conflicts that happened (And are still being worked on, please inform me of any you may find). Basic process is get all the mods activated then restart, get all the mods from the link installed then restart, then drag the config files into the config folder and you're good to go.

Rules and Regulations

Pretty much the biggest and only rule is don't be an arsehead. What pertains of being an arsehead you ask? Well....

• Invading property without permission.
If Bob find's Steves hidden diamond mine, and just waltzes right in, but Steve doesn't want him there, he can ask him to leave. If Bob decides not to leave, it is considered invasion of property.

Form of punishment: I'll probably just TP you to the middle of nowhere and say "Good luck getting home."
  • Having permission to be on a property, but touching things you shouldn't
"That's a nice reactor there... But you know it would run better if you did this this and this right?" "Yeah, probably, but I like it how it is." "No trust me, I'm a doctor."

Form of Punishment: To be thusly reminded you are not, in fact, a doctor of any degree. And probably will be TP'd away from the area, to the midst of a bunch of mobs, in a gladiator pit to prove your supposed PhD. Yes, that's how you prove your papers in minecraft, don't question it. I'm a doctor.

• Taking things just because "Oh he has plenty of them."
Bob has wandered into Steve's SOLID DIAMOND MINE layered with blocks of diamonds as far as the eye can see. "Steve won't miss three or four or seventeen of these blocks, he has plenty! I'll just borrow a few."

Form of Punishment: Tit for Tat. Value determined beforehand, by an Admin, and whoever was stolen from. It will be a middle ground, unless a full agreement on both sides is needed. The offender can also put in his two cents if they truly regret their mistake and didn't realize that they were harming people in doing what they did. Should no one on any side come to any agreement or middle ground, Both parties will lose items by judgement of the owner. (Three diamond blocks is not worth seven more diamond blocks, and keeping the three stolen diamond blocks is not an option. Stop squabbling and play the game!)
  • Just plain being a jackwagon
"Yeah, but I didn't see it in the rules, so I can do it, obviously. Who cares if I'm making Steve butthurt?" This also includes blatant destruction of property simply to see people rage.

Form of Punishment: Being reminded you're a jackwagon and sent on your way. Repeat offenses, or intentional property destruction will get you kicked out completely because really, people like you ruin communities. Grow up man.

I could upload all the things and pictures and all the stuff we have, but it's a lot of pictures, so I'm just gonna link you to this imgur thing instead. (Yes I know about the button to turn off my HUD, I'm lazy though sometimes <<; ) There are also many hidden structures, or some that are just small and not amazingly well known. Feel free to make this album grow. I will probably be keeping a noticeable record of all the structures that anyone wants to show off.

Pretty much just live your life though! Be a blocky overlord of your own tiny golem army. Be an amazing wizard who can move the Earth in a matter of moments. Be the world's top scientist and geneticist. Rule over an army of BEEEESSSSS! First and foremost though, just have fun! Keep in mind that there are many forms of fun though. Open mindedness is a requirement, and you choose to stay or go. forcing others out for having a different opinion will not be tolerated, so please come to middle grounds. There's furries, redditors, bronies, D&D nerds, league players, DoTa players, people from the internet, all sorts of different characters here already as it is. Be ready for harsh language, and be ready for odd jokes. Who cares the age, but do have some respect when it's needed. In short, be ready to coexist with strangers you don't know.

So far I only have 20 character slots at any given time, but that's mostly because I really don't have any need for more. Go ahead and make me change my mind! Already had to upgrade a couple times just to keep it running smoothly. I would love to have to make space for more people. That said, any questions just contact me, and I'll help you through whatever it is needed.

Lisugau

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Attempted to get into the server, but I installed the mods and configs, but still ran into some ID conflicts. What version of Monster are you using? That might have caused the issues. I'll be trying a different version other than recommended now, I'll see if it helps. I'll paste the ID conflicts if that is not the issue.

EDIT: Strange, I relaunched it and ID conflicts cleared, but now upon joining the server, I recieved the error "The following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.bloodStonebrick, tile.largeBloodStoneBrick, tile.spectralBlock

Rubri

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe that is inactive mods. Sounds like alchemical wizardry. Some are disabled by default on the pack, so try enabling those. All but the three mods with map in the name.

Hey! Attempted to get into the server, but I installed the mods and configs, but still ran into some ID conflicts. What version of Monster are you using? That might have caused the issues. I'll be trying a different version other than recommended now, I'll see if it helps. I'll paste the ID conflicts if that is not the issue.

EDIT: Strange, I relaunched it and ID conflicts cleared, but now upon joining the server, I recieved the error "The following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.bloodStonebrick, tile.largeBloodStoneBrick, tile.spectralBlock

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you would consider adding essentials or deleting Special Mobs so that Advanced Genetics is not crippled?

Rubri

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you would consider adding essentials or deleting Special Mobs so that Advanced Genetics is not crippled?
Funnily enough, I actually disabled Specialmobs a few days ago due to TPS issues.

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
I duno, like the plugin that allows players to sethome, tpa and all that jazz.

Rubri

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be Bukkit essentials. Not really planning to get Bukkit installed as it can often be way more trouble than it's worth on a technical standpoint. I have enough issues with the mods I have currently ><;