The Factory Grows - changes and feedback

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
So, I have a mod list and an idea. I want to create something kinda similar to IE:E, with a bit of Continuum, and just a dash of underused mods shining through. However, it's 3AM, and my mind is getting a bit fuzzy right now.

So, here's a link to the list of content mods: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EbtvAj6w305K5Hz8TU4QYcR4qP0d_uy1jQP2fgFndFQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'm having trouble deciding what gets gated behind whatever else, how to mix progression from various mods together, etc.

Things I'm planning:
Possibly change RF production and requirement numbers. Big numbers won't be necessary early-game, and I want to encourage lesser-used RF production, like the mana fluxfield, at that point.
Place ProjectE WAY back towards the end-game. Seems like a no-brainer.
Mekanism and Thermal Expansion should be mid-to-late-game. Lava-to-RF should be heavily nerfed, when possible.
Encourage use of alternate ore mining methods: Orechid, Mineralis ritual, IE excavator, void ore miner, and so on. The less chunk-sized holes in the landscape, the better.
Factory Tech as a central mod... somehow. Perhaps Energy Cores and tempered parts as part of TE machines?
Environmental Tech's crystal lens will be made with blocks of diamonds and molten lumium in the EFab, or erodium blocks as usual.
Terraneous Extractor as part of void ore miner controller tier 1's recipe.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I'm thinking of adding custom items using ContentTweaker. For example, a "Monster Reactant", made from rotten flesh, bones, spider eyes, and gunpowder, which then can be combined with sulfuric acid to get a "Concentrated Monster Reactant", then combined again with liquid glowstone to get monster dust. That would then be used as usual to get energite.

Thoughts?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of adding custom items using ContentTweaker. For example, a "Monster Reactant", made from rotten flesh, bones, spider eyes, and gunpowder, which then can be combined with sulfuric acid to get a "Concentrated Monster Reactant", then combined again with liquid glowstone to get monster dust. That would then be used as usual to get energite.

Thoughts?

This would remove the need to set up a mob disassembler, which would mess up Factory Tech's progression a bit. I can add CraftTweaker support to the disassembler, though.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Ah, ok. I was planning on having it be more expensive to get monster dust this way, but I can scrap that idea. I was mainly thinking about it because I had Woot, but I removed that.

How would you feel about me using other mods' (for example) sulfuric acid in place of yours, so long as these mods are gated behind Factory Tech? I just can't stand having three or four different types of one fluid, like sulfuric acid or liquid glowstone.

EDIT: I guess I mean something more along the lines of unifying liquids, so in this example, Tech Reborn, Factory Tech, and Mekanism would all produce and use the same sulfuric acid. This may cause balancing issues later down the line, but I'll work that out later.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok. I was planning on having it be more expensive to get monster dust this way, but I can scrap that idea. I was mainly thinking about it because I had Woot, but I removed that.

How would you feel about me using other mods' (for example) sulfuric acid in place of yours, so long as these mods are gated behind Factory Tech? I just can't stand having three or four different types of one fluid, like sulfuric acid or liquid glowstone.

EDIT: I guess I mean something more along the lines of unifying liquids, so in this example, Tech Reborn, Factory Tech, and Mekanism would all produce and use the same sulfuric acid. This may cause balancing issues later down the line, but I'll work that out later.

As long as the mods are gated behind FT, I don't see a problem with that. :) (I'm not as strict as a certain dragon whose name will go unsaid)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I have my own private changelog, but I decided I'll post the highlights in this thread. I like to get feedback every once in a while, too.

Let's see... I removed EFab (no real use for it in what I'm doing), reduced ore gen (by about half), added ores to the terraneous extractor list (iridium .01 weight, woo!), and added Botania Tweaks (new mod that adds a lot of new Botania config/CraftTweaker options, found here).

I've also started to customize recipes, mainly changing TE stuff to use FT bits so far. For example, the aqueous accumulator (which takes from any biome) takes FT tanks, an FT water collector (which is biome-restricted), and a device frame (which now requires an advanced motor). The machine frame now takes an energite motor, and I've added a diamond recipe to the FT compression chamber (2300mB liquefacted coal + 1 block of coal = 1 diamond).

Finally, I think I've decided on a name for the pack: "The Factory Grows".