>> The Crazy Idea | But Epic ;) <<

Plant

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a server and don't know what kind of spawn I should create. I'm using the unleashed mod pack and have a casual server (very little people on it). I want to become a big server but not as big as a network. So my idea was to have a main spawn and sub-spawns. I thought I would make it interesting for players to choose their path. The sub-spawns would be called elf, orc, and human paths. The player would choose there path from the main spawn and teleport to there desired sub-spawn. They would get there individual benefits. For example if someone joined elf, they would get elf_items like a nice bow and arrows and leather armor. If someone joined orc, they would get iron armor and a steel sword and stuff like that. And lastly if someone joined human they would get the ability to find lots of gold nuggets and get averaged out everything. So each of these paths would have lots of kits that you would get every day or every week or every year. For example get elf_items kits every week and get elf_money every day and get elf_special every year/month. Same goes for every other path. I have done this before but all my developers left me which is sad for my part. I'll get back to talking about the sub-spawns. The main-spawn will be a professionally made spawn by builders I will hire. But the problem is what kind of spawn should I design? The ruins of a castle? An abandoned mine shaft? An experiment in a laboratory gone wrong? A sky spawn? A super closed detailed spawn? A very simple spawn that is open? Or finally no spawn at all?! Well I havnt found any good builders yet for that. So in order to get "my crazy idea" to happen shortly or quickly I will need the staff for it. Im looking for builders, developers, co-owners, admins, head-admins, moderators, head-moderators, helpers, you-tubers, owners, network owners, hub owners, and many others... ...the point is that I've only described only a little of this big project. This is going to be a super big project. If you want to apply for staff or anything like that comment below or even suggest something for my main spawn and help me out!

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Command blocks could do a lot here (at least if 1.6 supports the commands, that is). Look at some tutorials for them, the spawn thing should be pretty simple. For the 'person gets stuff weekly' thing, computercraft / project red could be used for timing logic. For the spawn, I recommend that you leave as a cobblestone box for now and set up everything, then maybe hire someone to help you make stuff.

And remember, don't treat the project as if it's a huge ultra complex problem. It's not. Treat the logic and mechanics with the highest property, not the building. I wish you luck with your project.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Bukkit/MCPC/etc Plugins can be useful in this regard, as a fair few plugins should exist for that purpose, and more besides, which you might find useful. :) However, it has to be said that some of these plugins or the server mods (MCPC+, etc.) can have issues with mods.

As for the span itself it depends on what kind of server you intend for it to be, in regards to gameplay. If your server is fantasy themed, for example, it might be a better idea to use a castle, though if your server is multipurposed, like a fair few are, and can be, then going any which way you prefer is often the best choice. ;)

Plant

Jul 29, 2019
Command blocks could do a lot here (at least if 1.6 supports the commands, that is). Look at some tutorials for them, the spawn thing should be pretty simple. For the 'person gets stuff weekly' thing, computercraft / project red could be used for timing logic. For the spawn, I recommend that you leave as a cobblestone box for now and set up everything, then maybe hire someone to help you make stuff.

And remember, don't treat the project as if it's a huge ultra complex problem. It's not. Treat the logic and mechanics with the highest property, not the building. I wish you luck with your project.
Thanks maybe it will become sucsessful soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1393613531][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bukkit/MCPC/etc Plugins can be useful in this regard, as a fair few plugins should exist for that purpose, and more besides, which you might find useful. :) However, it has to be said that some of these plugins or the server mods (MCPC+, etc.) can have issues with mods.

As for the span itself it depends on what kind of server you intend for it to be, in regards to gameplay. If your server is fantasy themed, for example, it might be a better idea to use a castle, though if your server is multipurposed, like a fair few are, and can be, then going any which way you prefer is often the best choice. ;)
Ill probrably go with what everyone says. Make a vote. ;)

Reactions: techno156