The cost of bandwith?

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am running a server for me and my two mates. They both use lappys at their house to connect to the server on my end. They only have 50gb of data usage available. I was wondering how much internet a MultiMC Server would use w/ the configs as is:

-All mod are not allowed to check for updates
-Buildcraft configs is set to refresh packets at a refresh period of 15
-Buildcraft config network frequency factor is set to 15
-Forge maximum chunks per ticket is set to 25
-Forge maximum tick count for a mod is set to 200
-The dormant chunk cache is set to 50
-The maximum number of tickets a chunk can force is 25
-The number of chunk loading reqeusts a mod can make is 200
-The maximum amount of tickets a play can have is 500

We are starting a fresh world and will be loading chunk loaders in the nether and in a mining age. I am unsure as to how much bandwith this will cost them, can anyone help? And if it is a high cost can anyone recommend any change in settings?

Also we are using Teamspeak, I am hosting how much data does that cost also?

Thanks,

Protokohl :)

EDIT: The amount it costs can be an educated guess if you like I am not asking for hardcore mathematics :). Also if you have worked it out even kbs is enough I can add it up from there :) Thanks!

Vvector

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen estimates of 50-500MB/hour. That comes out to 100-1000 hours of playing with 50GB/month of data.

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, like a num num I forgot to mention I am running 1.5, couldn't wait :p. Does Modular Powersuits still have the issue 1.5? And thanks for the estimates Vvector, 100-1000 hours is pretty good for a month!

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, is that the Modular Powersuits issue? And can I have a bit more depth on what to do w/ it, what it does etc. thanks :)

EDIT: And looking at the file it appears to be for 1.4.7 I am running 1.5 :)

darkinnit

Jul 29, 2019
Judging by the thread I linked, if you're on 1.5 and are using a recent version of Modular Powersuits from within the last month, you're fine and you can ignore the issue I linked to as it only applies to older versions of the mod for 1.4.7.

As for TickThreading, it doesn't fix any bandwidth issues on it's own, but if apparently if you add on another mod - aPerf to TickThreading, it can be used to adjust bandwidth settings (Note: I've never tried either of these mods, I'm just repeating what I've read in the threads about them).
TickThreading: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...le-entity-ticks-and-other-optimisations.6498/
aPerf: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mytown-aperf-server-protection-and-performance-mods.8054/

Note that TickThreading is somewhat unstable and should be used with caution. See the above thread for full details.

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. I'll keep them in mind if we experience serious lag or their data usage goes through the roof. Thanks for that :).