The Cheese Awards!

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
PRESENTING!
THE WEREWOLF CHEESES!

Each person may nominate one player for each award PRIVATELY in PM to me. You MAY NOT nominate yourself for any award, even if you reply believe you deserve it. Most of these awards are for game hosters, not players, except for best villager player and best wolf player, so get some good games up! Every month, silver cheeses will be given out for games that have happened since the last awards, but every year on the first of March, golden cheeses will be given out for the games from the very beginning! Nominations end on the Sunday following the start of nominations.

GOLDEN CHEESE AWARDS:

Best game - For the player who hosted the most enjoyable game of ALL TIME.
Best villager player - For the player who has played the best as a villager in ALL OF TIME.
Best wolf player - For the player who has played the best as a wolf in ALL OF TIME.
Best host - For the player who has hosted most perfectly in ALL OF TIME.
Most interesting game mechanic - For the host who has created the most interesting game mechanic of ALL TIME.
Most interesting role - For the host who has created the most interesting role of ALL TIME.
Best game series - For the host(s) who has/have created the best game series.
Best overall player - For the best player of ALL TIME.
Best newcomer - THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE SILVER CHEESE AWARDS.
Best neutral player - For the best player as a neutral character of ALL TIME.

Last edited:

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
should add a few more catagories..

Best new player.
Best band wagon start
best defending/support villager
best defending/support wolf
Best player of all time.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
should add a few more catagories..

Best new player.
Best band wagon start
best defending/support villager
best defending/support wolf
Best player of all time.

Hmm, the first and last seem like good additions, I'm not sure I understand the third and fourth. The first and last are being added!

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
theres a few games where the player had to prove/defend themselves from a bandwagon lynching and put allot of effort into it ( regardless of if they were successful or not) or someone who has managed to convince other players to switch their votes from the bandwagon.. it's more of a technical award if you think about it.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
theres a few games where the player had to prove/defend themselves from a bandwagon lynching and put allot of effort into it ( regardless of if they were successful or not) or someone who has managed to convince other players to switch their votes from the bandwagon.. it's more of a technical award if you think about it.
Hmm. Seems a bit too specific. I also want to keep the majority of the awards as awards for hosting.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
While I'm not a huge fan of generating "best" players for stuff, I am curious about discussion on one of these.

My memory is so utter shit that I can't really remember anything past the last two games. In order to consider someone for "best host" I'm hoping someone will point me to examples where someone:
1) Adds spice to recaps
2) Doesn't "cheat" (screw with rules/RNG)
3) Encourages discussion during the design/setup phase.
4) is punctual

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
While I'm not a huge fan of generating "best" players for stuff, I am curious about discussion on one of these.

My memory is so utter shit that I can't really remember anything past the last two games. In order to consider someone for "best host" I'm hoping someone will point me to examples where someone:
1) Adds spice to recaps
2) Doesn't "cheat" (screw with rules/RNG)
3) Encourages discussion during the design/setup phase.
4) is punctual
Check Gideon, J, RJS and maybe gor (fuzzy on that).

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Check Gideon, J, RJS and maybe gor (fuzzy on that).
Nah I'm a shit host. I sometimes add spice to recaps, but I do sometimes screw with RNG to make the game more interesting. Nothing too major though. I do encourage discussion and am very open to feedback, but I do often change the rules mid-game. And punctual? In my last monocon, I had two 48-hour days. Though with my new standard end time (12 PM PST) that shouldn't be as much as a problem, especially with the one hour night.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Nah I'm a shit host. I sometimes add spice to recaps, but I do sometimes screw with RNG to make the game more interesting. Nothing too major though. I do encourage discussion and am very open to feedback, but I do often change the rules mid-game. And punctual? In my last monocon, I had two 48-hour days. Though with my new standard end time (12 PM PST) that shouldn't be as much as a problem, especially with the one hour night.
OK desu you