The Big Bee Flowchart Compendium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you are saying:
"Whizz! There is a Bee Wiki for this!"
This is different.
A quote:
I know there was this one site that had a "family tree", and it was so smooth and easy to understand for each bee. The charts that exist are oftentimes not...done/right, and you have to keep scrolling around. Oh, want X bee? Well, you'll need to find it, then you'll need bees S and W, then you'll need E, G, Z, and I, as E and G make S and Z and I make W. Just obnoxious. But I think the really good site I was talking about went down, which is unfortunate :p.
Basically, this is a Shared Google Drive Folder that contains Breeding charts for every bee (WIP, not actually every bee yet).
No longer will you have to click one thing to get to another to get to another then have to go back and click another thing then have to go all the way back and repeat the process.
This idea comes from an old site that had flow charts for these things.
Shared Folder Link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1nudriDMxTuVkVxQV9EVWhBQTA&usp=sharing
Tell me what you think!
I do need help prettying up the big charts, they are a bit lopsided.
If you know lots about bees and/or are really good at making Tree Charts not be lopsided or be more equal, PM me with Google information so I can add you to the folder.
One more time, shared folder link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1nudriDMxTuVkVxQV9EVWhBQTA&usp=sharing
And Flowchart Compendium in List Form:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S3Sv0Bxs_OJa-CLYIgAXTueRn7TkS2X_4yqv_PCIWOE
Done so far: All Vanilla Forestry Bees, including the Holiday Bees.

Reactions: Breezywezie

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wished that NEI had a function like this, where you could search up the bee you want, and by pressing "r" on the bee you'd see the mutations needed to get to that point.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I once requested this somewhere. Can't remember where. Anyone good at coding that can make a bee plugin? Well, then again, one would still need to click through G and Y, but to get those, you need E and T and H and J etcetera, etcetera.
That is why I made this chart.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Huge Update!
I finally finished every single obtainable Vanilla Forestry Bee, including the Holiday Bees.
Starting on Extra Bees soon.
Thaumic Bees will be begun as soon as the Master Apiarist Database shows Blitz and Luft without crashing.
If you would like to help pretty up the charts or make more Flowcharts (Using the format I would explain), PM me with your Google Name so I can add you.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Know what I wish? Ic2 crops wasn't dumber than.. uh.. two users on a forum.

Not particularly this forum but still.

I wish IC2 Crops had a logical way to do itself. Like, Bees! Or TREES!

I promise you all. And MARK MY WORDS. If I learn to code enough to do this, I'll totes make a crop system with magic and it be the cool, cool taste of water.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
How are you creating these flowcharts?

is it too late to recommend a program called FreeMind to do this, its main functionality is brainstorming but I can see it used well for this kind of thing
its much more appealing to the eye and it might save you a lot of arrow-drawing if you are doing this on paint

Anyways I will most likely refer to this for when I want to get to Valuable bees :p

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I never knew that Google Drive could create Flow Charts like that

Quick Off-Topic Question: What's up with your avatar Exedra ... its not a woman haha

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Either your information is wrong or the flowchart is just too hard to understand. I believe it's the latter. It looks like your flowchart says that Unweary comes from Cultivated+Noble. But it does not. And in another part of the flowchart is says Unweary comes from Diligent+Diligent. Which it also does not. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something. And if I am then the flowchart probably needs to be a bit neater and easier to understand.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Try going to the list compendium. Which Flowchart exactly does this seem to happen in? The Industrious, or Unweary, or some other one?
I'll be back in about 12 hours, and will answer all your questions.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
It happens in both the Industrious and the Unweary charts. They're both wrong according to the wiki. If i'm reading the chart correctly.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wished that NEI had a function like this, where you could search up the bee you want, and by pressing "r" on the bee you'd see the mutations needed to get to that point.
As well as an NEI plugin for TC3 stuff. I get that it's supposed to be researched and there's already a cheat-nomicon, but I'd like to be able to look things up quicker and easier.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I fixed the charts. The Industrious one was a little messy because it was the first demonstration of my newest format, and didn't work out so well.
You weren't misunderstanding my charts at all. I just messed up horribly. I just didn't catch it, I guess. Thanks for the tip-off!

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
~ If you are really good at making Tree Charts not be lopsided or be more equal, PM me with Google information so I can add you to the folder. ~
I am, but I use Microsoft Visio... not Google docs... If you want I'll send you my versions and let you play with them?

f.y.i.... It's "The Big Bee Flowchart Compendium" (You capitalized the I in BIg)