The 2nd Minecraft (modded) Player Survey with public results!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
Hello All!

About 5 months ago, I created a player survey for the FTB community. It turned out to be pretty popular, getting over 800 responses, and everyone seemed to enjoy the results.
So, I have decided to do it again. I will be posting about it in more places than just FTB locations this time to hopefully pick up a more diverse response, and I hope you will take some time to fill it out again.
When you are done, you will be able to get the link to see all the responses- and at the end the link will be published to all.

So, here we go! Leave feedback in the comments, while I most likely won't modify this survey, I may do another one in 6 months time.

Visit the Survey (hosted on Google Forms)

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to provide for players who don't play any survival at all. I had no idea what to put for the "how long do you stay?"

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
One advice: spend plenty of time reading through your polls making absolutely sure you phrased the questions in the best possible way. If you intend to use the results for anything serious, you have to make absolutely sure there can be no misunderstandings in the meaning of the question or the answers chosen.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
One advice: spend plenty of time reading through your polls making absolutely sure you phrased the questions in the best possible way. If you intend to use the results for anything serious, you have to make absolutely sure there can be no misunderstandings in the meaning of the question or the answers chosen.
Which questions in particular did you see issues in? I spent time looking over it and had a second person read it before posting it, but we all make mistakes.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool survey!

Question: I'm looking to see what FPS modded players get that responded that they have Integrated Graphics. Can you pull that data out separately?

Edit: Nevermind, I just downloaded the raw responses. Thanks!
Data:
0-10 - 2
10-20 - 8
20-30 - 10
30-60 - 8
60-90 - 1

After weekend responses:
8 0-10
45 10-20
60 20-30
40 30-60
10 60-90
2 90-120
4 120-240
1 Above 240
Obviously take some responses with a grain, or pound, of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Not being able to answer "None of the above" (or provide no answer!) to questions like "Which of the following do you think there needs to be more of?" or "Railcraft or Steve's Carts 2?" really does skew the results in favour of options players would otherwise never pick, invalidating the questions completely.

The "Do you like dangerous mods?" question is a little ambiguous. I don't mind mods which are dangerous to the player, but HATE anything dangerous to the environment - Endermen, while not modded content, are my main peeve. Speaking of which, where're the questions about mob griefing / inventory retained on death?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Like the railcraft vs Steve's Carts question. There's no choice for people who prefer neither mod.
IMO that question was silly. Railcraft was centered around rails and some BC stuff while Steve's Carts was focused on minecarts and customiaztion. Not exactly similar, and best used together.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on mobile (Android, if it matters), and it doesn't seem like the form recognizes I gave an answer to the question about the 1.6 update, no matter what I choose. I tried it in Browser, Firefox, and Drive just to check.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which questions in particular did you see issues in? I spent time looking over it and had a second person read it before posting it, but we all make mistakes.
Specially the 1-5 questions. I knew the extremes(2 weeks.....2 years) but I had no clue how the middle points were supposed to be distributed. So just chose something in the middle. Would have been more informative had you broken it up into groups like with the age. As it is its rather impossible to say anything from the results as noone knows what the real difference between a 2 and a 3 is.
Several answers lacked the none/other option.
And some answers weren't exactly very precise. I don't remember them all and don't want to fill it out again as that would help ruin the results.

VADemon

Mar 24, 2013
On page 3:
1) Full screen or windowed: Does borderless windowed count as windowed? :]
2) You forgot VSync as an answer to "Average FPS", else you should rephrase the question to ask about average max fps