Thaumic Tinkerer's Dynamism Tablet

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I wanted to craft a Dynamism Tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer in the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack, and I couldn't unlock the research in my Thaumonomicon.. (and I checked in the cheat Thaumonomicon to be sure it was this one).

A little bit of googling later, I found that I had to complete the Advanced Golemancy research, which I then did, but it didn't unlock the tablet either.

Do you know how to get it ?

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I wanted to craft a Dynamism Tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer in the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack, and I couldn't unlock the research in my Thaumonomicon.. (and I checked in the cheat Thaumonomicon to be sure it was this one).

A little bit of googling later, I found that I had to complete the Advanced Golemancy research, which I then did, but it didn't unlock the tablet either.

I don't know exactly how to get it but I do know the triggering of unlocking a research may not be instantly with some of the researches.
for some I had to actually wait something like a minecraft day before it finally became unlocked

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

What actually unlocks what have also changed a lot over various versions I believe and possible also a bit with which TC addons you have installed(not sure on this one). So you possible just want to keep researching and you should eventually get it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the research are also gated behind the warp mechanics. So you might have to wait for the warp to trigger and it might say something like you have learned something.

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the research are also gated behind the warp mechanics. So you might have to wait for the warp to trigger and it might say something like you have learned something.

I tried waiting one IRL day (playing on a server, so that's a lot of MC days) and still nothing

If in doubt, scan all the things, research all the things.

I guess it's what I'll have to do !

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I tried waiting one IRL day (playing on a server, so that's a lot of MC days) and still nothing.
When you aren't getting enough side effects, you don't have enough warp.

Try researching as many things as possible as well as crafting those items that are classified as taboo or forbidden.

Those have a shadowy aura around their icons inside the Thaumonomicon.

Every creation should give you some (sticky) warp, if not permanent warp.

In my own experience, without those Thaumcraft's addon, I still managed to get to unlock the Eldritch research tab.

Maybe you just need to scan a lot more things. Some requires drops from the Crimson Cult Knights and/or Clerics as well as the obelisks and totems around the world.
So, keep an eye out for those.

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
But do I need to get that much warp to unlock the dynamism tablet ?

Because if I can, I'd like to avoid having too much trouble with warp effects :)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You have botania?

If you do, it has a recipe for warp ward flask.

Each use grants warp ward for 10 minutes.

Normal flask gives you 4 uses.
The elven flask gives you 6 uses.

Warp ward prevents warp side effects from happening as long as the buff is on.

It is a little troublesome to keep drinling/bathing to keep ward warp on but at least it helps.

Also later on once you have all your research done, you can start crafting sanitising soap and bath soap enmasse, and start bathing and scrubbing to remove the Sticky warp.

You can craft (in the Eldritch tab, I think?) a handheld sanity (warp level) checker.
The lighter shade of warp is the one you can remove using the sanitising soap.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
You have botania?

If you do, it has a recipe for warp ward flask.

Each use grants warp ward for 10 minutes.

Normal flask gives you 4 uses.
The elven flask gives you 6 uses.

Warp ward prevents warp side effects from happening as long as the buff is on.

It is a little troublesome to keep drinling/bathing to keep ward warp on but at least it helps.

Also later on once you have all your research done, you can start crafting sanitising soap and bath soap enmasse, and start bathing and scrubbing to remove the Sticky warp.

You can craft (in the Eldritch tab, I think?) a handheld sanity (warp level) checker.
The lighter shade of warp is the one you can remove using the sanitising soap.

how many soap would you need to get rid of a full warp bar?
I was trying to unlock the void robes but now my warp bar is completely full and the warp is getting really annoying

I tried 1 soap but it didn't do anything...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Soap is chance to remove warp. You will need a lot of soap. And it only removes the "sticky" warp, not the permanent warp. So if you have a high permanent warp, soap isn't going to help.

For me, in my SSP, my permanent warp is already at 1/3 of my sanity bar so I just make arcane spa as well as the botania warp ward flasks. Better to just get warp ward and keep it active all the time IMO.

Though with the latest release, it is a lot better. As long as you aren't gaining warp for a while, the frequency of the warp effects will lessen. Until you gain warp again, then it would be best to get yourself some warp ward and lay low for a while.

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think theres anything in Thaumic Tinkerer that needs a specific warp level to unlock. Only thing that does need warp is the Elderitch tab from vanilla Thaumcraft.

To get access to the Dynamism Tablet you need to unlock the Thaumic Attractor which is hidden until you research the Telekinesis wand focus.