Thaumic Fire running amok

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Any console commands capable of finding / removing all blocks of all type within a dimension or replacing them with another?

My problem is this - I have Thaumic Fire (Ignis Infused Fire)
From Thaumic Tinkerer - seemingly running amok in the Overworld.

I get rid of it, but then it seems to come back about 4 days later- like I missed a bit.
It is disabled in my config files

# Set to false to disable imbued fire making cake. For those people who don't like cake
B:imbuedFire.cake.enabled=true
B:imbuedFire.enabled=false

Since it seems to come back into the world, it suggests it is just remnants from the first outbreak, that then spreads.
My overworld is several GB in size, so MCEDit is not feasible, and certain other console commands such as world edit seem to be very laggy - often crashing the server with too much area to cover.

Suggestions?

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure if Thamic Fire will listen to turning off firespread/firetick but you could disable those via "/gamerule doFireTick false" of vanilla firespread. Do you have any protection plugins installed? Like WorldGuard? Perhaps they could prevent the fire from spreading via their own settings.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
It doesnt respect the fire spread rules of mc.
/extinguish also ignores it

All I can do is /replacenear 100 2125 0 to replace thaumic fire with air.
But I run the risk of missing patches if it happens to be underground or out of range.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you get recurrent outbreaks in the same place, you could try making an automatic Perditio fire deployer with an autonomous activator, a creative energy cell, a creative strongbox, and an itemduct or something similar. This will, at least, kill the Ignis fire whenever it reaches the location of the deployer.

However, I'm guessing that you probably aren't dealing with repeated outbreaks in the same place, since the Ignis fire goes out once it's converted everything in the immediate area into netherrack and soul sand. So this method is really only applicable when you've got aer and terra fire at the same time (which converts stuff to dirt to sand to dirt and infinitum).

Yeah, I don't really know what to do.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
The issue here is that the fire could actually be underground.
It can spread vertically as well as horizontally.
So it could be in underground caves that I cannot see from the air. :-(

I was wondering about making a ComputerCraft turtle or command computer that could locate fire and kill it.
But given that I cannot find a console command that does a
get nearest object by type - It looks like that option is out the window.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hm.

Well, you could try making a vanilla X-ray machine (a piston that pushes a block of glowstone or TNT into your head, which lets you see through and opaque locks touching the glowstone) near where the fire was stopped on the surface, and see if that reveals any caves lined with netherrack.

Not an ideal solution, but at least it'd tell you something.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Tried clear blocks and their replace blocks
When I use their commands for other simple blocks it works very well, almost instantly changing them.
When I try it for the thaumic fire (by block class and by numerical id) - it refuses to work for me.
It just tells me that I entered the command wrong.