thaumcraft wand problem

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Hi...today I just started the mod thaumcraft with ftb mindcrack so Im really noob. I crafted my wand and its hold 0 vis. So I wonder if its normal and if yes how I can recharge it. If the wand should have vis when crafted why mine dont have ? Playing on a server ftb mindcrack 8.0.1
BTW, I walked around my house ...maybe a good 300 x 300 block and still no vis.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The only way for your wand to recharge is for it to be in your inventory (Maybe your hotbar, but I think inventory works) and to be near a thaumcraft node.

Nodes are absolutely everywhere in the overworld, so.. I cannot see why that would be the case that you haven't found one in 300 x 300

The only other idea I have is perhaps you need to craft a thaumanomicon before it recharges? that's kinda your handbook for magic, craft it by right clicking a bookshelf with your wand. This will destroy the bookshelf, so be aware of that.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
My wand have 0 vis so its impossible to do anything with the wand. I just made a test on my creative test world...the wand recharging just perfectly...also..my wand is on my hotbar. So the problem seem to be the area where my house is on my server.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe that making the thaumanomicon uses vis, but I may be wrong.

and so it seems... but no aura in a 300 by 300 area is very unlikely and I don't see how you could be that unlucky ._.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Cheat yourself in some googles of revealing, put them on, and see if any aura shows up in the little meter that you get on the lower leftside on the screen.

If there's nothing there, you can go into the thaumcraft config file and force a regeneration of aura nodes in your world. It won't even break anything you have already built.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you don't set the crystals to regen too. Mostly if you anything made of stone. Because you may come back to shards in your walls.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Find a TC tree chop it down, pray you get a sapling (the blue saplings) plant one near your base, if you have a TC hoe use that to force the tree to grow, now you have a node near your base its a small one but it is pure & can be built up by growing & chopping more saplings, its one way with out cheating or editing anything.

Here is a way with out cheating googles to see how far the nearest node is put the wand on your hotbar & start moving out from base in random directions when you get in range of a node the wand will start to charge.

Reactions: seannyyx

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
I will have to test it tonight at 5:00 pm east time of america however, my friend that is hosting the server on is local computer send me a old save copy of our world couples weeks ago and I decided to check it. I found a source of aura far from my home ( invisible to me because I have no google of revealing ). Yesterday in the morning I tryed to find some blue tree and chopped 4 of them with the leaf ( no luck at geting a sapling ) but on the way I found a tree with spider web in it, ( spoiler alert ) digged under the tree and the chest was there waiting for me. Inside, a portal gun ! So If Im really stuck at my home area with no aura node maybe I wil try to set a portal near one I guest :/

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Find a TC tree chop it down, pray you get a sapling (the blue saplings) plant one near your base, if you have a TC hoe use that to force the tree to grow, now you have a node near your base its a small one but it is pure & can be built up by growing & chopping more saplings, its one way with out cheating or editing anything.

Here is a way with out cheating googles to see how far the nearest node is put the wand on your hotbar & start moving out from base in random directions when you get in range of a node the wand will start to charge.

This is good advice, what I also did aside from planting saplings was to take some silverwood logs, dig a bunch of 2 block deep holes around my base then place a log inside and cover it with dirt. It seemed to help generate aura in the area. Similar to how they used to work in TC2.

Edit: If you create some Mystcraft ages, you will have another route to go to find more silverwood trees. mske yourself a sickle from RP2, you can tear through leaves 6-10 at a time, making harvesting that much easier.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
gratz on the gun yep most of use know about the chest under the cave spider spawner, as said above make a sickle & enchant it, I got lucky on my second try. ps to ppl that say dont brake leaf with hand/axe/sickle/etc I can tell you from tests of around 40 TC trees it dont really matter if you break or let them decay, unless you have fortune on items, the one thing that does seem to matter is the size of the tree, the large one can drop 1-3 sapling the smaller one only 1 if any, yep the bigger the tree the more chance, I collected 13 sapling on last outing took around 2.5 hours, time befor I got 18 in under 2 hours I now have a 700+ "11 saplings left" pure node that I am building to eat a node near me I have moved the new node nearer & nearer the original one by trees alone soon maybe tonight & will make the items/wand to move it into range to combine them into one, soon as the new is 100+ more than the original

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
I never used the sickel because its a kind of...new item and I had no idea what to do with it but now I can figure out because of you, thank. So basically I should have fortune on it to help.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
But don't you need aura to be able to grow Silverwood trees?
No idea but that not the first time someone mention it. Since Im not the server host...( tomorrow I will because I receive my new computer ). My friend will send me all server related files so Im gonna start messing around with all the stuff. As mentioned before I used my portal gun to make a easy way to travel where there is a source of aura to recharge my wand. So far Im having fun and found alot new research including the google of revealing. No aura at all in our perimeter.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
But don't you need aura to be able to grow Silverwood trees?
no the tree creates a small node its self, if you have a TC hoe you can right click to instantly grow.

heecks, there being no node near you is not that bad really, you can build a pure node as mentioned above, & yes fortune helps with gaining saplings, but in the end its all down to luck, hope we managed to help you in some way now go forth & ......

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
no the tree creates a small node its self, if you have a TC hoe you can right click to instantly grow.

heecks, there being no node near you is not that bad really, you can build a pure node as mentioned above, & yes fortune helps with gaining saplings, but in the end its all down to luck, hope we managed to help you in some way now go forth & ......
Huh, guess they updated or something, before you needed some arua nodes to provide the aura for the node created by the silverwood tree.
Guess it was made to allow Auras to exist in places it couldn't for one reason or another.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
btw the node can pull from a node well over the normal 2 chunk range I have found a TC dungeon around 150+ blocks away & totum platform little less in other direction, followed the pulsing aura "aint sure what to call it" back to see where it originated from.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Ive made the TC hoe after discovering the recipe and tryed to grow up the TC silverwood sapling. Nope, the tree is not growing. So I will need to do it via the TC config file and there I wil need to communauty help to make aura regen. I need to know the file path of that folder and what to do. Is it the mindcrack folder or the server folder ? Should I make a save copy of our world before doing so ?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
If SSP: Feed The Beast -> [Modpack] -> Minecraft -> Config -> Thaumcraft.
Just scroll to the bottom and change to "true" what you want to regenerate.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Im using mindcrack but found the path in the server files config/Thaumcraft. Changed the regen aura to true...nothing. If I make a silverwood chain from the point where aura are to my home...do you think its possible ?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Im using mindcrack but found the path in the server files config/Thaumcraft. Changed the regen aura to true...nothing. If I make a silverwood chain from the point where aura are to my home...do you think its possible ?

It is possible, but will take a very very long time to find all the saplings needed unless you creatively spawn them in