Thaumcraft research using the least amount of aspects?

T

TheLittlei

So I always love to do thaumcraft researches using as less aspects as possible as ocd (I guess). Post your discoveries here and share with everyone of how you complete researches.

I am posting some here to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Research Expertise
2016-08-22_17.14.09.png

Deconstruction Table
2016-08-22_17.14.16.png

Research Mastery
2016-08-22_17.14.21.png

Research Duplication
2016-08-22_17.14.28.png

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
The downside of the ythri script is that it optomises for the least STEPS. That's a computationally healthy thing to do, but for players you want to weight in terms of the least possible points of aspect.

If it has you going back and forth between two tier 6 complex aspects, each one taking 12 points of aspect research, it's using quite a bit of research to cover very little ground.

If I had a way to contact them, I'd request changes, but alas, I'm left with a tool that works perfectly, even though it does not do what I wish.

T

TheLittlei

Yes. Look at the research duplication research I did. There is no way to use that tool to draft that research paper there. For research maps that are complicated like research duplication and research mastery, using your own knowledge is better than using a dumb tool like that.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't call it a dumb tool. Out of date with the way thaumcraft works? Yes. But dumb? No. It's still reminds you of which aspects form the aspect you're looking to use if you've forgotten

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
My intention was to give you a tool that made "finding the least-aspects research steps" easier.
Not one that did all the work for you.
By the way, in many cases, less steps == less (primary) aspects. Keep in mind though, that a lot of non-primary aspects can be obtained by scanning things (TC4).

Reactions: rhn and ICountFrom0

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can actually disable the aspects you don't want it to use, and it will only show them if it is the only possible solution.

Reactions: imPlayin