Thaumcraft question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I tried doing some infusion in the creative world to see if I could do something... different.
I tried to see if I could get the infusion crafting to work with jars on a shelf. That would be cool right?

Well after I posted that this should be a thing I tried to do it just straight in creative. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but it wasn't working. That being said, if it didn't work straight or if I was doing something wrong... this might actually work :p hmmm hmmm who wants to try it? Apparently I'm horrible at TC...

a2f49a42d28378a051f2d1afdb75b257.jpg

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just because the Bibliocraft shelves visually show the model of an item, does not mean the item is actually there in a form that can be registered by other stuff. After all if you run an algorithm checking for blocks surrounding the Infusion altar, it would show that block as containing a Bibliocraft shelf.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Just because the Bibliocraft shelves visually show the model of an item, does not mean the item is actually there in a form that can be registered by other stuff. After all if you run an algorithm checking for blocks surrounding the Infusion altar, it would show that block as containing a Bibliocraft shelf.

Like I said when I took them off the shelf and tried it normal like it didn't work leading me to believe I messed up something anyways. Thought we could try...

A guy can dream right :p

In my mind though is the algorithm checking for the block that is a warded jar? or the item "essence" inside of it? I mean if pneumaticraft can search tile entities for item contents then it wouldn't be unrealistic to imagine that it could be possible? if not already coded that way? Could be...

probably not :( but could be (dances in place hopefully)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Like I said when I took them off the shelf and tried it normal like it didn't work leading me to believe I messed up something anyways. Thought we could try...

A guy can dream right :p

In my mind though is the algorithm checking for the block that is a warded jar? or the item "essence" inside of it? I mean if pneumaticraft can search tile entities for item contents then it wouldn't be unrealistic to imagine that it could be possible? if not already coded that way? Could be...

probably not :( but could be (dances in place hopefully)
If this were to made to work, it would probably require the Altar to search nearby inventories for Warded Jars. And then it would have to be able to modify the jars while they were stored in those inventories. But you probably dont want it that way, as you could have all your essentia in a single chest then. So you want a BIG whitelist of inventories that you actually allow it to scan through...

To me that just sounds like too much trouble, potential problems and bugs and sources for OP exploits to be worth it...

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I realize it's more of an aesthetic thing rather than function but I haven't really seen a good way to hide the jars or to organize them in a way that doesn't look like they were just kind of left around the lab haphazardly. Of course that's just me. I do like the work that's been done on getting the essence from the jar to the matrix. Really good stuff.

EDIT: RHN I agree it's probably more trouble than it's worth... what would be cool would be a multiblock or even pipe that transports the essence and sprays it down from the ceiling or up from the ground... and the jars themselves could be kept in to a separate room.

Of course I do has another thought :p but I need to become more familiar with computer craft

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I realize it's more of an aesthetic thing rather than function but I haven't really seen a good way to hide the jars or to organize them in a way that doesn't look like they were just kind of left around the lab haphazardly. Of course that's just me. I do like the work that's been done on getting the essence from the jar to the matrix. Really good stuff.

EDIT: RHN I agree it's probably more trouble than it's worth... what would be cool would be a multiblock or even pipe that transports the essence and sprays it down from the ceiling or up from the ground... and the jars themselves could be kept in to a separate room.

Of course I do has another thought :p but I need to become more familiar with computer craft
You should look up the Essentia Mirrors. They let you teleport essentia over distances.
plh5LsL.png

More on it and the Jar setup:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-22#post-807427

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
*cough* show off *cough*

:p Seriously though love your builds, and I hadn't seen mirrors but then again I live in a rock under the sea.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'd actually had a thought about this kind of thing. And what I came up with, was a computer aided essentia sorting system. My world broke before I could implement it, but what I had in mind, was the ability to store jars of essentia on potion shelves, and with a combination of Peripheral proxies, and Autonomous activators, be able to store up to four jars of a type of essentia, on a shelf. Then when I needed it, the computer could deploy the jars to the proper stations, and then fill them when the infusion was done.

Of course, now I can move up to 1.7, and store two billion essentia in crystalized form in DSU's, so it's no longer necessary.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Another mod to look into if you want a cleaner look around your Thaumcraft areas is Applied Energistics add-on Thaumic Energistics. Digital Thaumcraft is interesting.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thaumic Energistics gives you two different options for dealing with this:

(1) Use the infusion provider in order to let your infusion altar use essentia directly from what you have digitally stored. No jars at all, but also no nice particle effects.
(2) Use jars, but fill them by exporting essentia from your digital storage with essentia export buses. That way you only need one jar per aspect, you need never move them and you can arrange them in any way that appears neat to you.

You can combine method 2 with essentia mirrors. Personally, I don't trust them after some mishaps in the past.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Energistics gives you two different options for dealing with this:

(1) Use the infusion provider in order to let your infusion altar use essentia directly from what you have digitally stored. No jars at all, but also no nice particle effects.
(2) Use jars, but fill them by exporting essentia from your digital storage with essentia export buses. That way you only need one jar per aspect, you need never move them and you can arrange them in any way that appears neat to you.

You can combine method 2 with essentia mirrors. Personally, I don't trust them after some mishaps in the past.
The Infusion Provider had particle effects at one point. If you look at 16:30 of Ako The Builder's Resonant Rise 3 Episode 10 video (I'd link it, but I'm on my tablet), you can see them. He has his Infusion Provider above his altar, however, and I recall you mentioning having yours below, so that may have caused the difference.

Whether it still has particle effects, I have no idea, as I've never used AE2 (I kind of got bored with AE in 1.6 and just haven't bothered with it since.)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The Infusion Provider had particle effects at one point. If you look at 16:30 of Ako The Builder's Resonant Rise 3 Episode 10 video (I'd link it, but I'm on my tablet), you can see them. He has his Infusion Provider above his altar, however, and I recall you mentioning having yours below, so that may have caused the difference.

Whether it still has particle effects, I have no idea, as I've never used AE2 (I kind of got bored with AE in 1.6 and just haven't bothered with it since.)
I don't think Thaumic Energistics intentionally removes the effects. It's just that they're aimed at the pedestal and if you have the provider under the pedestal any effects won't be visible. If you can place it anywhere from where the altar would usually draw essentia, maybe there is a way to do away with the jars and still have particle effects. It would save about 50 channels on the ME network and the corresponding hardware, which is quite significant. ;)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic energistics does indeed have particle effects from the infusion provider.... However if you place it under the altar you naturally can't see them because the altar/floor is in the way.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think Thaumic Energistics intentionally removes the effects. It's just that they're aimed at the pedestal and if you have the provider under the pedestal any effects won't be visible. If you can place it anywhere from where the altar would usually draw essentia, maybe there is a way to do away with the jars and still have particle effects. It would save about 50 channels on the ME network and the corresponding hardware, which is quite significant. ;)
You don't have to have the provider under the altar. Mine is 8 or 10 blocks above it and I do get the visuals.