ThaumCraft: How to regenerate aura node?

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, when i was playing, i noticed that my wand did not recharge anymore.
I crafted the Goggles of Revealing, and i noticed that no HUD appeared and no Aura nodes around.
I then traveled to the Nether, and the HUD indicating dropping aura and vis appeared.

Is there a command or some action i can do to make Thaumcraft regenerate the Aura Nodes on my Overworld?
Can Mystcraft worlds have Aura generation? ( cause i tried one and no hud appeared. So i assumed that there's no aura generation in mystcraft ages )

Thank you for your help.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, i found it.
For those looking for the same thing, here 's the fix from the original Thaumcraft 3 topic:

Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds

Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
  • If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
  • You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
  • Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
  • If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven't visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.þ

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
Along those lines, something similar happened to me when I upgraded my world to 1.4.6 for some reason.

My aura nodes all disappeared (literally, my goggles just didn't show anything). I fixed it by copying over my Auras.dat file from my old 1.4.5 world save directory. So make sure you back up that aura data file if you don't want to have to regenerate it.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the tip, but it's not necessary at the moment for me. The regeneration process illustrated above worked perfectly.
However, backups are always a good idea, so i'll make one. :)

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
tried this, but so far it wont work :s
some of my biome-auras are messed up, they have all the same values...
also if i delete my old aura.dat to recreate it, thaumcraft wont create a new one

edit: ok my console shows me some regeneration lines likethis

2013-02-12 07:53:10 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] World gen was never run for chunk at [14, -67]. Adding to queue for regeneration.
2013-02-12 07:53:10 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Regenerated 1 chunks. 0 chunks left

now...hopefully it creates a new aura.dat