Closed Thaumcraft Gold Coins disappearing from ME Drives

E

epic428

Summary of the problem Thaumcraft Gold Coins disappearing from ME Drives

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? Not sure why or when this started happening but when I put Gold Coins from Thaumcraft into my ME system they just disappear never to be seen again.

The only reason I noticed this is because I had hundreds of unopened treasure bags in my system and decided I'd automate opening them. I used an autonomous activator connected to an export bus and a vacuum chest connected to an import bus for the setup. I wanted to make sure everything was working correctly so I watched the gold coins in the terminal to see if they were increasing in number. It was at this point I noticed something was wrong. gold bars, etc. were going up in numbers but the coins weren't. I know I've never used the coins for anything since starting this world and I previously had 400+ coins in the system so there's nothing that would automatically be removing them from the system.

I investigated a little further and found that if I removed the existing coins in the system and added them back they just disappeared. If I picked the coins up that the AA was spitting out and tried to put them in the system they too would disappear. So now I went from having 400+ coins to having zero just by storing them in the ME system.

The only two things I've changed to the modpack since being able to successfully deposit coins into the system is update Sky Factory from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4 and last night I updated loot bags to the latest version because the desync issue was annoying.

Mod & Version Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5
appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6

Link to log file

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix

E

epic428

For some reason I thought it would have to do with the gold nuggets. I am using compacting drawers for the ores. I don't remember seeing the number of nuggets increasing from the coins so I'll have to double check it and verify and do another test with the drawers disconnected. But if it's definitely the reason why, then I can filter the coins out as a workaround. Thanks for the help!

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
There is good news.

You can lock a storage drawer on gold coins, and click nuggets into it, and get unlimited coins back out from them, to replace the ones you lost.

E

epic428

Thanks for all the suggestions and information! I did a little more testing and got it working perfectly. The gold to coins and coins to gold option could be very useful. I realized I didn't see the nuggets changing because so many were going in at once the ingots were increasing. Adding a locked coin drawer to the system however prevents the conversions from happening automatically which is cool.