Thaumcraft duplicate research notes

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
I have two pages that I've research all of one aspect to discover that they have the same name. Can I combine these somehow, or am I stuck researching one again?

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Until you discover something, you can create research notes for it an unlimited number of times. Once something is discovered, all research notes on that remain in the world but become obsolete. But, research notes cannot be combined. You are stuck re-researching that aspect, unfortunately. If you play with other people, they may appreciate your extra research notes ;)

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
You can throw those research notes into the table in the far left slots and use them for aspects, they provide a nice chunk of knowledge (whatever its called) when researched.

Riven

Jul 29, 2019
You can throw those research notes into the table in the far left slots and use them for aspects, they provide a nice chunk of knowledge (whatever its called) when researched.

Can you elaborate on what I can do with all my duplicate research pages? which table?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Can you elaborate on what I can do with all my duplicate research pages? which table?
image.jpg

Riven

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I'm one of those crazy people who does "searches" about things before asking about them on the forums. Sometimes, the forums turn up old threads with interesting bits. unfortunately, no one seems to think you can do anything with the spare pages but trash them or save them for friends.

I wish I could use them for something.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I'm one of those crazy people who does "searches" about things before asking about them on the forums. Sometimes, the forums turn up old threads with interesting bits. unfortunately, no one seems to think you can do anything with the spare pages but trash them or save them for friends.

I wish I could use them for something.
I think 4.1 adds something for them. Not sure though

Reactions: Riven

Riven

Jul 29, 2019
plus, how am i "necroposting"

necroposting
On a message board, posting something irrelevent on a really old topic to bring it to the top of the list topics. name comes from the fact that you are bringing it back from the dead, thus Necro. a practice common among n00blars.

I asked directly about something at the core of this thread. =(

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Necroposting is bringing a thread back to life. The thread is a year old. While yes, you DID ask so,ething relevant, it is still necro