Thaumcraft 6 - combining aspects

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

Does anyone know how to combine aspects in TC6? Like, Terra + Ordo gives Metallum.

I believe earlier versions of TC let you do that in the research table, but I can't see a way of doing it in TC6.

Grateful for any help, please.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I do not believe this is a thing in TC 1.12. I have not been able to find a way.

A

Anton_

I see that comnining aspects is in JEI though, which suggests that provision for it is at least planned?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The aspect combinations are mostly relevant for when you use the essentia centrifuge, which can split up the combinations. There is not a way to combine essentia, and there never has been in base Thaumcraft. There was the ability to combine research points in TC 4, but with the change in the research system this is no longer a thing.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
You used to be able to cross breed mana beans to get up to hard to find aspects. In 6, there is a way through infusion to make the crystals plantable for a renewable source, but I don't know if there will be a way to combine them. As for the research points in the table, that is a completely different mini game now.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There is one way to do it in vanilla TC6 actually, and it involves research. Occasionally you can get a Synthesis Theory, which consumes two vis crystals, and it actually makes the compound aspect vis crystal the two combine to make. This isn't reliable by any stretch of the imagination mind.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
While you cannot combine aspects, there is a way to craft vis crystals from aspects within a cauldron, which will permit you to craft vis crystals of compound aspects. From there, you can grow them as per crystal growth mechanic.