Thaumcraft 4

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

glennox

Jul 29, 2019
I got a question about thaumcraft 4.. How can i make golems plant seeds and sapling and sugarcane?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten to the research yet, but I think there's an upgrade you can research to put in your golems that does that. I'm pretty sure DireWolf mentioned it during his LP on ForgeCraft 2, I just forget the episode.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure it was the order golem core that made harvesting golems replant, the thaumonomicon would tell you for sure though.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Let me explain:

Basically, when you first get the animation core for farming, it says specifically that it will not replant, but you're sure you will find a way.

Later you do find a way. It's the water upgrade for a golem, which gains it intelligence. When give this upgrade, it will replant anything it harvests.

However, if you want it to automatically plant without the need of harvesting a plant which was there before, you will need a use core.

With the Golemancer's wand, click an inventory for holding plants to be planted, and then click a spot of ground on which you want it to be planted.

However, this is rather frivolous, as it would be quicker to plant them yourself, then get a smart farming golem to farm them.

I believe the exact same principles may be applied to lumber golems, but it would be nice if someone here could confirm that?[DOUBLEPOST=1381694532][/DOUBLEPOST]
pretty sure it was the order golem core that made harvesting golems replant, the thaumonomicon would tell you for sure though.

The order core allows for, I believe, in the farming golems, little more than another inventory to deposit into, to do basic two-way sorting of your harvested plants.

glennox

Jul 29, 2019
Oh thats awesome really thanks guys i really cant wait to try this out.

I knew it was something with inteligence but i couldnt find the right upgrade.

So i need to golem right? Harvester/replanting golem and the collector

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Oh thats awesome really thanks guys i really cant wait to try this out.

I knew it was something with inteligence but i couldnt find the right upgrade.

So i need to golem right? Harvester/replanting golem and the collector

Yes, two golems, one with a collecting core, and one with a farming core and an intelligence upgrade, with the collector linked to a chest will be sufficient.

glennox

Jul 29, 2019
Ive upgraded my straw gollem with the harvester core.. but he still doesnt replant he had the blue dot on his belly.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Ive upgraded my straw gollem with the harvester core.. but he still doesnt replant he had the blue dot on his belly.

You gave him the water wisdom upgrade? Is that what you mean by blue dot?

I may have got the type of upgrade wrong, try looking which one gives intelligence/wisdom/whatever, then give him that, if it isn't the water one.

glennox

Jul 29, 2019
golem upgrade: water - making your golem more perceptive
golem upgrade: order - making your golem more organized
golem upgrade entropy - making your golem prickly and fuzzy
golem upgrade earth - making your golem stronger
golem upgrade air - making your golem faster..

I so have no idea wich one it will be.. The water gives him more senses and more visibility..

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I haven't played with TC4 yet. But in TC3 you had to use the intelligence core (fire shard) to get them to replant. My guess would be the "order" upgrade if that one uses the fire shard.