Thaumcraft 4 research - unsolvable research notes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes, when doing thaumcraft research, I got notes that are impossible to solve. For example, I'm trying to discover Gold Wand Caps, but I am one rune short. I have checked a cheat sheet and I have used all 3 aspects, each only giving one rune... This has happened twice now with Gold Wand Caps, and I have no idea why... Am I doing something wrong?

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it took me awhile to get the one for goggles of revealing to have enough runes to solve it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, every time you use the initial aspect, it gives you a randomly generated sheet that's different from time to time.

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
RNG(random number generator) is just being unkind to you OP. It is possible to get a research puzzle that is flat out impossible although more often its just rather difficult. I tend to start off researches with aspects I have alot of and if I dont like the look of the layout I toss the research and try agian. I especialy dump the ones where the nodes describe a circle around the start point. Frequently those have enough aspects to solve but your going to burn 2 scribing tools just moveing the runes around more often than not.

saturnranko

Jul 29, 2019
basicly it's azanor's trolly side coming into play=} want more proof that he has a trolly side to him 1 word "firebats" lol. as others have said toss that page and try again you will get a solvable one sooner or later gl

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
All the whinging about limited research points aside, they really are cheap. I always discard notes that look hard, and consequently completed most of my "hard" research not activating or even discovering all the possible aspects. Which ironically helped preserve my supplies of the rarer research aspects.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
All the whinging about limited research points aside, they really are cheap. I always discard notes that look hard, and consequently completed most of my "hard" research not activating or even discovering all the possible aspects. Which ironically helped preserve my supplies of the rarer research aspects.

I actually hope Azanor adds a way of using the leftover research points for something else... perhaps an option to make mana beans out of them