Thaumcraft 4 Research Help

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

roofeeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm completely new to Thaumcraft and having trouble figuring out the research
I don't understand why my Goggle Research hasn't turned into a pattern yet. I have the Aurum and Sensis nodes in the right spot, yet the Runes aren't activating.

I've been googling for a while and read the Thaumonomicon, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or just haven't found the right answer. I looked at some YouTube videos, and they skip right over the research of it, so I feel like I'm just not doing something right.

If there is any advice you can give me I would greatly appreciate it.

qV6swK7.png

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I assume it's starting from the lower left node? You can't branch off in two different directions. You need to make one continuous chain that links all the nodes together. You have more than enough runes on that page to do it, so just loop it around from the top left to the right side and you should be good.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I assume it's starting from the lower left node? You can't branch off in two different directions. You need to make one continuous chain that links all the nodes together. You have more than enough runes on that page to do it, so just loop it around from the top left to the right side and you should be good.
Yep, basically what Coda said. Though I'd personally loop it counterclockwise, possibly using some dummy runes to separate your active runes. Either way you do it, it should take four runes to link the nodes.

Reactions: roofeeo

roofeeo

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I have now....I'm so lost...and running out of Primal Aer.
xRzKssQ.png

On a side note:
When I'm making something with Alchemy (using the Cauldron), let's say Thaumium, I put in 4 Praecantatio's, then drop in the Catalyst (iron ingot), and afterwards click my wand on it, or just let it cook.

Sorry for nub questions, I'm reading, and googling I swear. This mod is just not working out for me.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
You need to prevent your active runes from connecting to each other when you don't want them too. Keeping them spaced apart by moving the rightmost sensus rune on the top row upwards by one will do the trick. You can also move an inactive rune so that it blocks the unwanted connection from happening.