[ThaumCraft 4] No nodes containing Perdito?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

A friend and I are playing a custom mod pack and I have been looking for a few days in the Nether and overworld and I have found NO Nodes containing Perdito. Are there any tips about finding these? I have found Ignis, Aqua, Aer, Ordo and Terra so far. So every aspect.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you're just on a really unlucky streak, though Ordo and Perditio are definitely less common than the four other base aspects. Try looking in swamp-type or dead-type biomes (depending on what biome mods you're using).

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you're just on a really unlucky streak, though Ordo and Perditio are definitely less common than the four other base aspects. Try looking in swamp-type or dead-type biomes (depending on what biome mods you're using).
I went looking for a swamp and found 2 Perdito nodes already xD I thought they were underground.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
If you are really stuck for perdito the small nodes in the obsidian totems generally tend to have it.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
One problem with that, I only found one totem..
Ah that possibly tells me why you haven't found a few perdito nodes, my search radius for nodes was around 1-2k blocks from my home and I saw several totems and a few mountain platforms. So probably your search area is a shade too small (my best perdito node came from a Jungle about 1600 from my base and has herba as it's secondary aspect, it's either 89 or 98 of each).

andrew19902013

Jul 29, 2019
What biomes are best for finding terra? I've been doing a spiral pattern out from my base and have covered a circle aproximately 2000 in diameter but found none.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Within 1km of my base I have mostly jungle, swamp, plains, and magical forest. and then some more magical forest.

Amongst the nodes I catagloged there was not a lot of ignis or perdito so it was a real mission keeping my wands full until I could jar the nodes I did find. I eventually got 3 nodes back to my base once I had node-in-a-jar - a Ordo Perdito (63) a Ignis Aqua (55) and a Aer Terra (80)

So 3 nodes covered all the base aspects no need to even research the advanced wand charge thingy. But, there are now NO major sources of ignis and perdito in the wild near my base. Lots and lots and lots of Terra / Aer / Aqua in varying combos. And about 10 sinister nodes with ignis and perdito but with about 10-13 which is about the same as not being there as the lack of chunkloading, and small size, means they were always empty, and even when full, didnt fill even my greatwood wand. Entirely useless for silverwood cores.

In summary - keep searching. You will find some of the correct type. Take note of the co-ords esp if theyre 50plus and take them back to your base when you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew19902013

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue, I am playing DW20 1.1.14 pack (back then it was something like 1.1.08 or something) and Perdito was very hard to find.

Try expanding your search radius, they will be there. But generally I find Perdito still the rarest aspect on nodes.

When you get the research to put nodes into Jars and a wand recharger, the Perdito and Ignis nodes were the first ones I went for.

Conversely I find that Aer nodes are most common, followed by Ordo. With Ignis and Aqua somewhere in the middle ground.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Perdito Tends to be the one I have problems with as well, but depending on the world, I have also had issues with aer and order. Wearing the goggles of revealing is definitely better than just the thaumometer. Try taking a boat out in the water at night. The nodes light up a bit, so easy to find them on the minimap.

andrew19902013

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have any issue with Perditio at all I found like 5-6 with 60+ and two with 80s. Also I just found a terra node in a silverwood.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Another way to test which biomes have which nodes is to go into creative in a test world, explore it, and start spamming aura nodes in each biome. You'll find that most have a certain aspect as their primary one. For example, 9/10 of the nodes I spammed in the nether had Ignis as their primary aspect. Perdito tends to be found in swamp / dead-like biomes as noted above. Aer in Plains-like biomes. And I tend to find Ordo in Taiga-like biomes.

Reactions: Padfoote