thaumcraft 4 is this suppost to happen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
so i just found this....
66yxL.jpg

are this many suppost to spawn in one chest?

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
There is way too many of those books showing up in chests, the drop rate really needs a nerf bat. Nearly every thaum tower I see has at least one of those books.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would rather like it if Azanor would add a configuration option that adds a Thaumic starterpack to the mod, so if you were to spawn in a world, you'd spawn with a bag that has some basic items, like a simple wand, thaumometer and thaumonomicon and just remove the books frok any chestloot

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Even just a bare Thauminomicon would be nice. Thaumcraft already has a steep enough learning curve as it is.

But, to argue the other way, AM2 also doesn't give you squat to start with and getting the guide book is even more esoteric. It makes sense *after* you get into AM2 a little bit more, but taking a picture frame, a book, and placing the frame, then the book in it beside an essence pool is not exactly intuitive.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
RNG is RNG. In one world I found a Sword of the Zephyr & a portal gun within 50 blocks of my spawn. I didn't even want to use the sword because I knew it'd be a while before I could slap Repair onto it. :p

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
RNG is RNG. In one world I found a Sword of the Zephyr & a portal gun within 50 blocks of my spawn. I didn't even want to use the sword because I knew it'd be a while before I could slap Repair onto it. :p
pffff two potato guns in the same chest.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, my last two worlds, I have not had to build myself a Portal Gun. Riiiiight around the time I had progressed to make one myself, I would find one in a chest.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, my last two worlds, I have not had to build myself a Portal Gun. Riiiiight around the time I had progressed to make one myself, I would find one in a chest.
i just spawn within 50 blocks of a chest that holds one.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
My advice; learn Essentia Distillation, set up an essentia jar farm and smelt down those spare nomicons. That's good essentia right there.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Even just a bare Thauminomicon would be nice. Thaumcraft already has a steep enough learning curve as it is.

But, to argue the other way, AM2 also doesn't give you squat to start with and getting the guide book is even more esoteric. It makes sense *after* you get into AM2 a little bit more, but taking a picture frame, a book, and placing the frame, then the book in it beside an essence pool is not exactly intuitive.

i just did this an almost shit myself
coolest thing i have seen in MC yet

also succudism, idk know how to feel about your twilight :/