Thaumcraft 4 in FTB Unleashed

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Axolotl9250

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I downloaded FTB Unleashed several weeks ago and started playing with the various mods it contains, I'd like to start playing with the magic oriented stuff - I keep seeing videos and reading posts by people using Thaumcraft 4 in FTB, but if I check my mod list out in Mods on the Minecraft front screen I see my version of Thaumcraft is 3. Is Thaumcraft 4 added to FTB modpacks yet or is it in a different pack to unleased? The launcher updates every now and then so I assumed it was keeping all the mods and so on up to date. I currently have FTB launcher 1.3.8, Unleashed 1.1.7 on Minecraft 1.5.2. I notice that other packs like Direwolf20, MAgic World and Industrial world are on Minecraft 1.6 (which may answer why Unleashed has Thamcraft 3) - so which of the packs using Minecraft 1.6 is most like Unleashed? Why is Unleashed on an older Minecraft version?

Thanks,
Ben.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Unleashed is no longer being maintained in favor of the 1.6.4 packs, which is what TC4 runs on. No idea which is closest to Unleashed.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed was the one with pretty much everything, right? And Unhinged was the one that was GT style everything?

So I'd suggest either Monster if your computer is one, or TPPI if you want things to be usable but great still.