[Thaumcraft 4.2] Wand Recharge Room

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I am setting up my wand recharge room and I had some questions.

1. Is it better to use the regular Node Stabilizers or the Advanced Stabilizer? (Right now using regular)
2. I've captured 3 "Normal" nodes and now they say they are "Normal, Pale". Is that anything that I should be worried about?
3. Would it be bad if I put a Sinister or Tainted node in my recharge station?
4. Any tips on merging nodes? Should I? Are Pure Nodes still the best nodes?

Thanks

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Pale nodes recharge more slowly; I have barely touched Thaumcraft recently (busy learning tech mods I never touched), but I do recall that every captured node has a pretty high chance to get downgraded during the capturing process.

So it's purely a matter of pace. If pale nodes recharge fast enough for your needs, there's no problem (that is, until you decide to upgrade them because what master wizard would want just pale nodes when he could have pure nodes?).

monzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I think the advanced gives you a bit more functionality but oherwise you'll be ok to start with regular.

The normal pale can be a problem as it slows their recharge and I think lowers their highest amount. Thats the benefit of the advanced stabilizers is if I remember right they have a chance of fixing that.

If you have it in a stabilizer and have a way to remove the excess flux from the room then no.

Pure nodes are still the best. The best way I've found to do it is by putting down an advanced stabilizer and then placing two nodes on each this way the ones you are merging into the main one don't draw from each other. You can try for 4 but usually the other ones will draw from each other meaning your main one gets lager slower.

Hope this helps!

As always stay frosty brood!

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I am setting up my wand recharge room and I had some questions.

1. Is it better to use the regular Node Stabilizers or the Advanced Stabilizer? (Right now using regular)
2. I've captured 3 "Normal" nodes and now they say they are "Normal, Pale". Is that anything that I should be worried about?
3. Would it be bad if I put a Sinister or Tainted node in my recharge station?
4. Any tips on merging nodes? Should I? Are Pure Nodes still the best nodes?

Thanks

1. It is better to use neither. The Wand Recharge pedestal has at least a 17x17x17 working area (iirc), meaning you can surround it with a 4x4x4 grid of nodes that are not in bullying range of each other. 64 nodes before you start to need stabilizers.
1b. Generally however, regular stabilizers are better as they allow the node to recharge faster. Advanced stabilizers would be used if you are trying to grow nodes, or repair a fading node back to pale.
2. yes/no. When you capture nodes in a jar they have a 75% iirc chance to degrade a level. If they get degraded to fading it is very important to place them in an advanced stabilizer and leave them along until they become pale as fading nodes don't recharge.
3. yes/no. Tainted nodes will cause tainted lands biome around them which will in turn taint all your other nodes. You could try and control this with pure nodes or ethereal blooms. Tell me how that goes :p - Sinister nodes are much less problematic as they will create eerie biome which is just a 'mundane' magical biome, allthough you must keep the area lit as they can and will spawn angry zombies if light levels permit. If you can't fine pure nodes / silverwood saplings and need a magical biome for mana bean farming, sinister nodes are an acceptable substitute.
4. Create a 7x7x7 room with the contributing nodes in the corners, and the largest and brightest node in the center. If the brightest node is not the largest (but also not the smallest) place it in an advanced stabilizer to prevent larger nodes bullying it until it has grown. Pure nodes are generally tiny and do not provide any particular benefits they way they did in TC3. Once energized (if thats why you are growing a node) nodes loose all their special features, so hungry and tainted nodes can be put to use safely.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Energized nodes are the way to go imo. Sinister nodes usually have all aspects once energized. been using a time torch to speed up node bullying...speed up the node thats being drained so it recharges faster and wont die.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Energizing nodes is way easier than merging. Find a node with compound aspects, check the book to see what aspects its made of. Compound aspects boil down to the primals once energized. Sinister nodes always have compound aspects, and are easy to find which is why I suggested that.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So confusing :(

Do I want to merge any nodes?

Merging nodes is too a degree a vanity. The process is lossy, and one node recharges slower than two nodes. If you want a wand recharge room, it is way more effective to simply spread out nodes at least 4 blocks apart. If you merged the same nodes, you would end up with a smaller capacity and a lot slower recharge.

Energized nodes on the other hand are useful for powering a number of thaumcraft devices. Because a vis network cannot accept multiple sources you do need to have a node that has all aspects for your purpose, and has a sufficient cv/t rate on all aspects. But "all" aspects is easy to achieve if you find a node with complex aspects that are composed of all the aspects you need. Cognito, Fabrico, Instrumentum etc all have everything now I think (with the addition of Ignis to cognito in a not-too-recent update). And, practically speaking, a 5cv/t in each aspect node provides more power than a network of cv powered devices required and that only requires the node have 25Vis (per aspect) before being energized.

And again, if you wanted to power some Vis crystalizers, it would be a way more effective use of nodes to simply energize a node with a high Terra count near the crystalizers than it would be to grow a multiaspect node elsewhere and 'pipe' in the terra.

* There is one device in TC4 that can actually make use of more than 1-2cv/t and that is the focus workbench that seems to have an unlimited capacity to run-faster with more cv available.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I cheese my wand chargeing with forbidden magic, livingwood/ dreamwood makes chargeing easy if you have beast mana gen. But Tbh both charging methods should be used. A charging pedastal will be nessesary if you utilize staves (they boost combat right?). But centvis is better for wands/ batons.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
For wand recharge station purposes, you are interested in is recharge rate of the nodes. Stabalisers are only needed if you have nodes within 4 blocks of each other (and then only one one of them). Stablising does slow recharging of the stablised node, and advanced stablisers will pretty much mean NO recharge, and mean you can't get away with only stablising some nodes unless you have a smaller node in the stabliser than it's neighbours.

The Advanced Stabliser, is best used to repair Fading or Unstable nodes, or for the central node in a node merging complex (if you need it at all, as mentioned Merging nodes is lossy, and two nodes will more often than not recharge their vis faster than a single merged node.) Merging is better if you really want a supernode for energisation, and you can't find a hungry node.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I only use stabilizers if I intend to induce a node. Growing a node is best done naked, as in no stabilizer at all. Of course you do have to make sure the central node is definitely the strongest.
Well that's if I don't cheese it by useing a Technomancy Node Generator to fill a node directly with fabrico essentia. Then again those node fabs are not simple to make, to make a functional systems you need to perform 2 Dangerous level infusions and there's like 4 jars worth of essentia to suck up. Your altar needs to look ridonk with the stabilization curios.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk