[Thaumcraft 4.2] Mana Bean Farming

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
"Azanor doesn't want people cheesing Thaumcraft" - I guess that is why Essence Tubes are completely useless.
I dont agree that they are useless, but they are definitely susposed to be sparcely used. Also, I find when I use them in a large build it looks pretty cool, like a mad scientiest's lab:p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dont agree that they are useless, but they are definitely susposed to be sparcely used. Also, I find when I use them in a large build it looks pretty cool, like a mad scientiest's lab:p
They'd be fine if you could use bellows to create suction wherever you wanted.

As it is, I'm starting to become very fond of Thaumic Energistics. It totally does cheese the entire system of moving essentia around and I totally don't care.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Essentia tubes feel like there's some secret holding the system back. That discovering it would open up millions of possibilities, but sadly that epiphany doesn't happen.
Also while essentia buffers let you fill up the jars they tend to have trouble with the thaumatorium and other requesting machines. They tend to block the suction and not feed in to thaumatoriums directly, at least in my limited testing.
People want their rows of jars to be on demand for alchemy.
I think Azanor or someone else needs to document the mechanics of essentia tubes more elaborately. Because all I know about them is that certain items produce suction of a type or untyped. To get essentia to travel you need to make sure the sources suction is the same type as the destination but be a lower value.
In the case of a thaumatorium while it requests essentia for a craft it's suction for that type goes up, if your jars have a loer suction then essentia will enter it.
Also only one type of suction can be present in a line of tubes at a time, multiple essentia sources of a different type gum up the system if one type of suction isn't cleared.

Essentia tubes mechanics are quite vauge.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
There's a reason why I'm utilizing Thaumic Energistics.

And for those of you wondering, yes, I will post pics of my uber mana farm once it's running. It'll be interesting to say the least as I'm using torcherinos to make it function. It's easily my largest build to date but it'll be pretty small compared to what others have done.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019

The thing is that there is 'Auto Alchemy' and I figured hooking up my essence smelter to the Auto Crucible would make things easier but it's just as long and tedious.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that the auto alchemy was for purpose built systems e.g for alumentum production. Where the inputs are predictable and static.
I think the fact of the matter is that sadly on demand alchemy essentia systems are not in the perveiw of Thaumcrafts initial design. If only an ordo upgrade allowed golems to read what a Thaumatorium needs and fills it accordingly. Or special goggles being able to display the suction of a pipe line.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
That's the intent - but i find it better for manual alchemy too. Less mess if you mess it up.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
That's the intent - but i find it better for manual alchemy too. Less mess if you mess it up.
Yeah, as I always say; I always skipp crafting from a crusible. As far as I am concerned it's no more then a crafting material.