Thaumcraft 4.2.3.5 Eldritch tab question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
I have researched everything possible, I have consumed lore fragments to the point that I only get lore fragments back when trying to craft a new research note. I have filled the warp level to the point that my brain is broken, according to the sanity checker. look at the screenshot, I'm not getting further in the eldritch tab. am I missing something?

Attachments

• minecraft001.png
    minecraft001.png
    679.9 KB · Views: 127
  • minecraft002.png
    minecraft002.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 304

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
You need to find and kill crimson cultists, they can be found near some of the thaumcraft obelisks and they will drop a tome that will allow you to craft eldritch eyes and reach the outerlands.

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
I have only found one eldritch obelisk so far, no crimson cultists around it so far, only guardians that spawn from it

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The eldritch revelation and eldritch ephany are (afaik) the only two unlocks that have a required level of warp. Everything else is obtained via scanning and/or reading the Crimson Rites book.

You don't seem to have read the Crimson rites. To get it you need to search the world for eldritch obelisks with cultists, carefully draw off the knights and kill loads and loads (and loads and loads) of them while not aggroing the Crimson Clerics. Once aggro'd the clerics will attack you and even if you run away they will NOT resume channeling dark energies into the central sinister node. Clerics that are not channeling will despawn as per the regular hostile mob despawn rules, and a eldritch obelisk without clerics will not spawn any more clerics or knights and thus becomes, essentially, useless for the purpose of finding a copy of the Crimson Rites.

If you have any mods that allow you to capture mobs and create spawners (EIO) do so - capture at least one Knight and Cleric, and run them in a powered mob grinder until the book drops - plus they drop crimson armor that looks neat on armor stands, and void metal nuggets.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
How exactly I unlock eldritch revelation and eldritch ephany? I have read Crimson Rites and researched all that came with it and capped (temporary) warp, but nothing happened. After a while, my temp warp dropped to zero.

I'm on TC5, but this particular thing seems to work same as TC4.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly I unlock eldritch revelation and eldritch ephany? I have read Crimson Rites and researched all that came with it and capped (temporary) warp, but nothing happened. After a while, my temp warp dropped to zero.

I'm on TC5, but this particular thing seems to work same as TC4.
As far as I am aware the eldritch epiphany is simply triggered by a random chance on a warp event. So you should get it as long as you keep some warp on you and keep doing waspish things. Eating the occasional zombie brain.

The eldritch revelation requires your warp to be maxed out and will come with a 'good' chance on the next warp event.

I ate one stack of zombie brains to max out my warp meter and another stack over time ensuring it stayed maxed...

Reactions: Tylor