Thaumcraft 4.1 Thaumium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to make thaumium without having to release a bunch of flux into the world.

I don't have an alembic setup yet (yes I am working on it) and I want to be able to make thaumium for use in tinkers construct but I have been through a lot of item finding out which might be the best to use its praecantatio for...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Like I said, this is for Thaumcraft 4.1

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Mana beans if you have access to them, otherwise Magic Tallow contains Praectancatio and Flesh, so you are dumping only 1 aspect. Also flux goo is quite easy to clean anyways ... It doesnt affect the enviorment in 4.x as far as i know. Wand foci overusage does tho.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to use either Greatwood logs (really common once you grab one sapling) or Nether Wart (really common once you start growing it). I don't believe there's an item that has only praecantio so this would be the best way. You can also clean your crucible afterwards with shift click wand or breaking the crucible.[DOUBLEPOST=1396365999][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mana beans if you have access to them, otherwise Magic Tallow contains Praectancatio and Flesh, so you are dumping only 1 aspect. Also flux goo is quite easy to clean anyways ... It doesnt affect the enviorment in 4.x as far as i know. Wand foci overusage does tho.
There is no flux environment damage in 4.x. The only damage is taint which is from tainted nodes and such. Wand foci do not cause taint or flux.

Last edited:

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to use either Greatwood logs (really common once you grab one sapling) or Nether Wart (really common once you start growing it). I don't believe there's an item that has only praecantio so this would be the best way. You can also clean your crucible afterwards with shift click or breaking the crucible.[DOUBLEPOST=1396365999][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is no flux environment damage in 4.x. The only damage is taint which is from tainted nodes and such. Wand foci do not cause taint or flux.

I have seen some of the taint vines or whatever they are appear when I use my wand in one place way too much

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Essentia overflow is annoying innit.

I just keep a few blocks of dirt handy and fill in the block it's appeared in when it happens though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Simple:
Alchemical furnace->Alchemy golem->Warded Jars. Dump all your items into the furnace and have no waste or released flux.
Then when you need to make Thaumium you just take a Phial(or more) of Praecantatio(click the jar with the phial) and then dump those into the Crucible. That way you only put Praecantatio into the crucible(the Phial itself gives no essences when filled).

I do all my crucible crafting this way. It is much easier but you do need to keep in mind that each Phial contains 8 of each essence. So multiply what you are crafting up to match.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on what mods you have... Namely if you have DartCraft... Force Nuggets, last I checked(which was for TC 3) have exactly 1 Praecantio.

Another smart option is to hold off on actually doing any crucible crafting until you have a Arcane Construct(or whatever the thing is called), which is a automatic crucible crafting system. It requires one to have essentia for the aspects needed, but it's one of the easiest ways to craft anything you need a crucible for.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which wand foci are you using?:eek:
Bear in mind that in every FTB pack(I think, it is in monster at least) this setting is set:
Code:
    # Can Taint be caused by flux effects.
    B:biome_taint_from_flux=false

HojoCat

Jul 29, 2019
I use phials almost exclusively. The exception would be for nitor which can be made with coal and torches with no flux.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Phials are the easiest way but since you have lchemy automated alchemy is like 2 research notes away I am sure you can get there in less than 20 min.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Easy answer, use paper until you have the alembics. Then make a better tool with Thaumium where the paper went. Of just throw some stuff in the cauldron and deal with the goo. its not like you need a ton of thaumium for a tool.

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all! I know I need to build an alembic setup so maybe I will just deal with the goo and do that first and then get golemancy working. Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Think he mean for the alchemical furnace. Its the same research.
Well, alembics require the alchemical furnace, so it would imply that the entire setup would be used. It means you can split off the aspects, storing the excess and using the useful parts.