Thaumcraft 4.1 essentia tubes...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Charax

Jul 29, 2019
Can you right click with a phial on an alembic to fill it? If so you can automate essentia transport by filling autonomous activators with empty phials (which can be autocrafted), setting itemducts to pull every not-empty phial from them and into storage (AE or otherwise)

You can then have your essentia wall by having another Activator behind each jar and piping phials of a specific aspect into each. Autofilling wall of aspects achieved, and you don't need a direct physical connection between the furnace and the wall.

I prefer this method to DW20s computercraft solution and it also works well for farms/furnaces. You then pipe out the empty phials and feed them back to the alembic.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Of course. Can't self sustain farm it though... maybe have 2 mfr tree farms. One to supply wood and saps and another to plant those saps and farm the leaves and more charcoal.... interesting twist for automation.

8 trees can self sustain replanting and 3 lamps of growth (yes, stacks) and even have a small overflow. Additionally, you could sustain more lamps of growth if you break down the arbor with an alchemical centrifuge. As arbor is 50% herba.

F1BY0Wi.jpg

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Can you right click with a phial on an alembic to fill it? If so you can automate essentia transport by filling autonomous activators with empty phials (which can be autocrafted), setting itemducts to pull every not-empty phial from them and into storage (AE or otherwise)

You can then have your essentia wall by having another Activator behind each jar and piping phials of a specific aspect into each. Autofilling wall of aspects achieved, and you don't need a direct physical connection between the furnace and the wall.

I prefer this method to DW20s computercraft solution and it also works well for farms/furnaces. You then pipe out the empty phials and feed them back to the alembic.

This would be 'The Solution' if there was a way to hide the activators behind the jars.
It's just in my opinion they don't match the asthetics of a jar room..

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
This would be 'The Solution' if there was a way to hide the activators behind the jars.
It's just in my opinion they don't match the asthetics of a jar room..
You could always hide the jars under the alter... They don't NEED to be visible

Charax

Jul 29, 2019
If you're not bothered about whether you can see the jars or not you can mount the activators underneath the jars and put them in a false floor under the altar. I did this in a ring around my altar with a pipe system for placing items in the pedestals in the middle. Works OK but the inability to place items symmetrically increases flux

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Of course. Can't self sustain farm it though... maybe have 2 mfr tree farms. One to supply wood and saps and another to plant those saps and farm the leaves and more charcoal.... interesting twist for automation.
That's precisely what I have. One planter, two harvesters, controlled by redstone. When the alchiefurnace runs low on leaves, the leaf harvester turns on. When the planter runs low on saplings, or if the Redstone Furnace fuelling the Steam Engine runs low on logs, the other harvester turns on. If either of the harvester chests gets more than two thirds full, anything in the bottom rows gets spat out into the world to despawn (I could drop it into lava or trashcan it if I cared about entity spam). Controlled by Steve's Factory Manager.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That's precisely what I have. One planter, two harvesters, controlled by redstone. When the alchiefurnace runs low on leaves, the leaf harvester turns on. When the planter runs low on saplings, or if the Redstone Furnace fuelling the Steam Engine runs low on logs, the other harvester turns on. If either of the harvester chests gets more than two thirds full, anything in the bottom rows gets spat out into the world to despawn (I could drop it into lava or trashcan it if I cared about entity spam). Controlled by Steve's Factory Manager.
Got some pictures? Sounds fun and interesting.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Got some pictures? Sounds fun and interesting.
Overhead view of the two Harvesters, two Redstone Emitters, Machine Inventory Manager, and Item Gate.
2014-02-25_22.14.30.png

Cut-away showing the Machine Inventory Manager, Redstone Furnace (to turn logs into charcoal), Steam Dynamo, and Auqeous Accumulator.
2014-02-25_22.16.09.png

The controlling logic! Moves wood from either chest into the furnace. Moves saplings from either chest into the planter. If there are fewer than 32 leaves in the alchie furnace, it turns on the leaf harvester and moves leaves into the furnace. If there are fewer than 64 saplings in the planter or there are fewer than 32 logs in the redstone furnace, it turns on the sapling harvester.
2014-02-25_22.15.12.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
If you're not bothered about whether you can see the jars or not you can mount the activators underneath the jars and put them in a false floor under the altar. I did this in a ring around my altar with a pipe system for placing items in the pedestals in the middle. Works OK but the inability to place items symmetrically increases flux

If you are using 4.1 then use mirrors to separate your jars from the alter.

http://i.imgur.com/3MW22oY.png