Thaumcraft 3

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KrazyBrute

Jul 29, 2019
On the mindcrack pack with thaumcraft most of it is disabled like the flying carpet and some of the other machines, is there anyway I can edit mindcrack so that the thaumcraft is fully or more enabled that it is normally? or is there another mod pack apart from technic I can play for thaumcraft to be fully enabled?

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on the Mindcrack pack, most of it is not disabled. Have you started researching things yet? Start with making a wand of the apprentice and using it on a bookshelf. The item you get from that will get you started.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Flying carpet is not actually craftable(WIP), everything else is once you have the research to be able to craft it.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is fully enabled, but the flying carpet is not actually in the game yet- it is non-functioning regardless of what modpack/combination of mods that you may use.

KrazyBrute

Jul 29, 2019
well on the technic pack there is many machines you can use such as the arcane alembic, vis conduit, thaumic infuser, thaumic duplicator and a crucible of eyes so how can I get them into the mindcrack pack?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a getting started guide, there's on the official wiki. Not the wikia one. Just click getting started and then scroll down. If it has problems, tell me, and I'll try to fix them.

KrazyBrute

Jul 29, 2019
So would it be possible to make it so that I can add thaumcraft 2 to the mindcrack pack aswell as thaumcraft 3 that is already on?[DOUBLEPOST=1361829621][/DOUBLEPOST]Exedra Im not sure what you mean sorry I dont know what you are implying for me to do?

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Krazy, thaumcraft 2 is not compatible with the Mindcrack pack. It is for 1.2.5 if i recall which was a while back. Thaumcraft 3 is the only version currently available. Exedra was telling you to consult the feed the beast wiki. I cant link to it as i am currently on my phone, in about 3.5 hours i can, hopefully someone else can reply in the meantime. Another suggestion i have is checking out direwolf20's spotlight on Thaumcraft 3 to learn more.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 3 is on the Mindcrack pack, What you are asking about is Thaumcraft 2 which is incompatible as its only for 1.2.5

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Why did azonar stop thaumacraft 2, it was pretty good. And yeah unfortunatetly you can't have both thaumcraft 2 and 3 on the same pack. Which for course makes sense, it's like having rp pre5 and rp pre 6 on the same pack. Not posibble.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Azanor stopped TC2 as he felt it was seen as "just another tech mod" and wanted to rewrite the mod to feel more magical and since the change from 1.2.5 to 1.3 meant the mod would have to be completely rewritten anyway he chose that point to make the changes, he succeeded I feel.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Zmaster27