Thaumcraft 3 not in core pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

magma11

Jul 29, 2019
After seeing the magic pack today, it dawned upon me that because TC3 is in the magic pack it is maybe not going to be in the core pack. Soo, 2 questions, 1. Is TC 3 going to be in the core FTB pack? 2. Why (if it is) is TC3 not in the core pack?

Akira

Jul 29, 2019
"Feed The Beast Beta Pack A (v12) ... "

Its a beta pack so more than likely there's a mod in it that hasn't been updated yet.
Not that big of a deal.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
As has already been said on these forums, TC3 won't be in the FTB pack, even out of beta, because the FTB people think it doesn't fit the theme.

But there will be other packs which will include it, like Direwolf's pack and an 'Ultimate pack' which should contain all of the supported mods.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
As to thaumcraft 3 we are already testing the Magic World Pack and this pack not only includes TC3 but is focused around it. Thaumcraft 3 wont be included in the map pack, mainly because it doesnt fit in with our plans for the next map. (having said that, this was based on old information. I havent had a proper chance to take a look at how TC3 works, so even that is subject to change. From the information you are kind of implying, I would guess that the pack you are going to want to use is the one that direwolf will be using or something very close to it. As a lets-player. He will be using a much more general purpose pack where as I will be putting out something that is more themed. I honestly wouldn't worry about that though. Give it a month or two and you will have a large variety of packs that you can use.
Source

Akira

Jul 29, 2019
As has already been said on these forums, TC3 won't be in the FTB pack, even out of beta, because the FTB people think it doesn't fit the theme.

But there will be other packs which will include it, like Direwolf's pack and an 'Ultimate pack' which should contain all of the supported mods.
Do you happen to have the forum post for this? It might help answer the OPs question a little more.

Edit: Dex posted as i did. This is no longer relevant I think.

magma11

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for clearing that all up, and thanks for finding that post Dex. I guess it's just a waiting game now, thanks. :)

BeardlessBrady

Jul 29, 2019
It will be in the ultimate pack but considering the beta 1.4.2 and thaumcraft is 1.4.5 it defiantly wont be in the beta. Besides I think the beta is being destroyed

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
Once we have viable packs for 1.4.5, the beta pack will then become obsolete. When we have more concrete information about included mods and release times, we'll let you know.

Architech

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possibility that the new packs (dire or ultimate) will be compatible config-wise with the beta pack? I know a lot of people were not aware that there was to be multiple packs that would contain different compilations of mods. We were hoping to start setting up our server using the beta pack, awaiting the release that would contain the mods that werent yet available, and then go live and start playing on it. I would assume that a future 'ultimate' pack would be built using the same configs (id settings) that we are currently using, but it would be great if someone could inform us more regarding this matter.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possibility that the new packs (dire or ultimate) will be compatible config-wise with the beta pack? I know a lot of people were not aware that there was to be multiple packs that would contain different compilations of mods. We were hoping to start setting up our server using the beta pack, awaiting the release that would contain the mods that werent yet available, and then go live and start playing on it. I would assume that a future 'ultimate' pack would be built using the same configs (id settings) that we are currently using, but it would be great if someone could inform us more regarding this matter.
All new packs will be compatible with each other and the magic pack uses the standardized ID config already but the beta pack won't be compatible as it doesn't have the standardized config since it wasn't done with that yet.

Architech

Jul 29, 2019
All new packs will be compatible with each other and the magic pack uses the standardized ID config already but the beta pack won't be compatible as it doesn't have the standardized config since it wasn't done with that yet.

That is very disappointing. It should be renamed to "test only pack" instead of beta as to not mislead people..

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Beta or not, it gets annoying when mods keep disappearing... Especially when you look in the change log before you update, only to find it gone when you do update even though it did not mention it was removed...

Sorry but that is just poor communication, even if it is a beta...

Reactions: Architech

Architech

Jul 29, 2019
The word beta typically means test release.

While I do understand what you are saying about "beta" I was referring to the poor communication (like Tabu pointed out). I understand that these things happen, and that this all fairly new, but I was under the impression that this was a "test release" (beta) of a pack that would eventually become a release version, not just thrown out. But I thank you for clarifying all that for me... looks like we wasted a month of building because of our own ignorance... (though communication would have helped. I remember seeing something that said something like 'go ahead and starting using this pack and it will be compatible as it updates' inside the launcher, at first)

(November 19th by Slowpoke) For everyone using servers. Please remember this is an interim pack that was added in order to let us test certain configs and mods out. The first full packs will come with 1.4.5 and should come with a much more complete set of mods. Whist we will make every effort to ensure existing worlds work, we cannot guarantee this is going to happen.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I won't argue about the communication either way. I just took issue with the renaming bit. Seems rather silly to me to rename it just slightly when the current name has a nearly identical meaning.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Careful now boys and girls, these forums don't like when you use a word like "communication" in them. Tends to draw in morons, trolls, and fan boys.

Reactions: Architech

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
While I do understand what you are saying about "beta" I was referring to the poor communication (like Tabu pointed out). I understand that these things happen, and that this all fairly new, but I was under the impression that this was a "test release" (beta) of a pack that would eventually become a release version, not just thrown out. But I thank you for clarifying all that for me... looks like we wasted a month of building because of our own ignorance... (though communication would have helped. I remember seeing something that said something like 'go ahead and starting using this pack and it will be compatible as it updates' inside the launcher, at first)

I don't see how any of this makes the builds wasted. Keep using your current configs with whatever future modpack you choose.

If the users are that inept that they can't manage this: They should never have been on something listed as beta.

Also, the post you quoted clearly says that the beta pack may NOT be compatible with future packs. Seems like the communication on that one was perfectly clear. ( Yea, they dropped the ball on the removal of extra bees, and they admitted to such and said they were working to improve that. )

Finally, as has been said in other threads: The standardized configs of the future packs ( which included the Magick Pack ), means you will be able to easily add TC3 to any pack you choose.

Architech

Jul 29, 2019
It is not that the 'users' are inept, there are no users yet. We were waiting for the release version before going live. The whole idea of using the mod-pack is so that nobody has to manually install anything; configs or TC3. Whats lost is the map we were setting up for the server.

The communication that I was referring to was not the 'new' communication regarding the fact that the beta pack will be useless soon (which i also quoted some of), but the communication that came at first saying it would be compatible in the future. No worries, I still support any decisions that the ftb team makes, however aggravating it may be.

Edit: Someone should close this thread, all the questions have been answered.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
As a general rule, threads that don't require disciplinary actions I don't close unless requested by the Original Poster. As an aside to Architech, I would like to see where you got this impression. So far as I am aware, we have always maintained that the beta pack would not be directly compatible to future packs as changes to mod lineups would be made - in addition to the fact that several different mod packs were always planned. Now, we have always said that the configurations from the mod pack would be compatible with the configurations from future packs, but that is not the same thing as saying that one pack would be directly compatible with another in its entirety.

Architech

Jul 29, 2019
There was some type of meta information with the beta pack on the launcher that said it would be compatible with future updates to the beta pack. I assumed that this meant the beta pack would eventually become a release version pack.

Regarding the other matters, i did not think that we were promised all the packs would be compatible with eacb other, i appoligize if i gave that impression to anyone.

Thanks for clearing that all up Morv. Thanks for your time.