THANK YOU EZ STORAGE MOD :)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I have been suggesting an early game storage mod like this for awhile now and EZ storage nailed it. It is nearly exactly what I had envisioned. Nice job @EZ Storage dev. :)

Edit: I am playing the latest Unstable pack.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any screenshots of your usage with some annotations/descriptions of what's going on? I'm curious (and not familiar with the mod)

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Very early game right now. I have upgraded one of the storage boxes to the tier 2 box.

2016-04-27_14.07.49.png

View of the storage core.

2016-04-27_14.12.40.png

Recipes for both above blocks.

2016-04-27_14.19.06.png

2016-04-27_14.19.24.png

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see this is ia very simple, inexpensive yet practical early game storage solution. There are upgrades for search and crafting, which are appropriately very expensive, I believe the crafting upgrade requires a nether star.

Correction, it is the tier 3 hyper storage box that requires a nether star. The crafting block requires 4 eye of ender and a diamond. The search upgrade block requires 4 enchanted books.

Last edited:

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
honestly I can't ever see myself wanting this mod. It sounds overpowered at the very least.

AE is expensive to some degree but the expensiveness even still overall made it overpowered. AE has really easy storage and really easy crafting. Even removing the easy auto-crafting and it's still pretty powerful.

Personally I prefer for early game a nice enderIO sorting system or in Infinity Expert Mode a nice LP sorting and crafting system. The early game before those can be a struggle but I kind of consider that to be part of playing the game early on and part of the challenge to maintain a sorted inventory or not worry about it and struggle to find what you need.

Reactions: GreenZombie

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer "Storage Network" as my AE2 stopgap. It has no real storage units of it's own but it is able to interface with anything that's got an accessible inventory. I use it to access my storage draw network.
EZ storage lacks a storage bus like component. It's good if all you did with AE was build a few drives but lacks everywhere else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mattp_12

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
honestly I can't ever see myself wanting this mod. It sounds overpowered at the very least.

It doesn't seem any more OP than a 2x2x4 meter chest that can hold 3,456 1 meter ^2 blocks or being able to connect unsupported blocks horizontally to infinity. I guess we all draw the line for whats OP in different places. I think as long as you're enjoying the game the way you play it, that's all that matters.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it isn't OP as you aren't getting too big of an advantage. Just save wood on chests and time lost searching for random doodads.
But things like AE and EZ storage does remove the practicality of constructing a huge warehouse build.
It's why I use Storage Network, I can have my huge storage building AND access its contents quick and easy.
While I don't find having a bajillion items in one or two blocks OP. I feel it removes a potential build opportunity.
I guess AE networks get pretty big and you can make a building for your drives. But I don't find it as satisfying as seeing a huge isles of storage drawers.
If EZ Storage had a storage bus type block id probably have used it.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Reading the curse page for EZ Storage, the mod dev made it very clear he would never make it have buses or similar types of connections as he does not intend to compete with AE at all. I'm happy with his philosophy and very grateful for this simple early game storage solution. As someone who pretty much entered the minecraft realm via FTB with AE, I never had the pleasure exploring the massive storage chest sorting system, which in some ways I lament, as I also lament never really playing with redstone in vanilla.

This mod is intented to be a compact storage solution, and not an automated storage network. As of right now, I do not want to include any features like filtered output, network cables, external monitors, wireless access, or anything else reminiscent of Applied Energistics. Any issues created as requests for these features will be immediately closed.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Well... they are making a storage mod, they kind of are competing. Well not really AE2 isn't in the game AFAIK.
Fair enough about the not needing suggestions though their mod their way.
So EZ storage is a gimper version of that RFtools storage block, maybe a bit more accessible early game.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
from the images it looks nice... But I still prefer my storage drawers , IronChests and AE2 network... just my opinon :)

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS