Mac Texture packs won't load correctly (Unleashed)(Screenshots)

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
I upload this here since the official support website won't let me post it...

I've been playing FTB since the beginning and nothing was wrong until unleashed, the texture packs are behaving very strangely.
Sometimes recourse packs load without problems (Faithful, John Smith) but most of the time they load in a certain way i can't really explain.
Some textures are just see through, some are just random lines and some are loaded as parts of anything on my computer (Internet, desktop).
Example: I was just looking at a bush and it was the pixelated version of the roller coaster tycoon logo (This was with the Soartex Fanver recourse pack, the one i like the most but it gives the most trouble).
Some recourse packs always load correctly.

It's on all versions of Unleashed.
This doesn't happen when i remove the mods folder from the texture packs.
Sometimes it loads correctly but after playing for a while it goes to the weird stuff again.
I tried updating LWJGL to 2.9 but that only made my Minecraft upside-down and the problem still occurred.
This occurs with and without Optifine.
Im running it on Mac OS X 10.7.5
I use Java 6

texture packs sometimes load almost instantly but normally take ages to load although i have a decent computer with 8 gig ram (6 gig allocated to FTB, i know thats way too much but just to be sure).

Explanation of the screenshots:

1.png shows grass, loaded with some http text on it (Wtf? It should just load the textures, not my internet browser...).
2.png shows oak wood with the league of legends logo and my skyrim map (Same problem, these are on my desktop)
3.png shows a flower with a half .kmz file and the text. (Also on my desktop)
4.png shows that mobs are loaded correctly though, just as the login screen, the font, etc.

I haven't found ANYTHING on the internet about this problem, i hope it can be fixed!
If you need any extra information i'll be happy to give it.
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedeude

Jul 29, 2019
This could be because FTB does not support Resource packs yet! Resource packs are for Minecraft 1.6+, and FTB runs on Minecraft 1.5.2. Look for an older version, Texture Pack, for 1.5.2

Reactions: Ashzification

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
This could be because FTB does not support Resource packs yet! Resource packs are for Minecraft 1.6+, and FTB runs on Minecraft 1.5.2. Look for an older version, Texture Pack, for 1.5.2
Thanks for trying to help!
I downloaded the soartex version for unleashed, direwolf20, etc. so it should just work.
The other packs are also for 1.5.2

It also doesn't explain why it actually does load correctly sometimes...

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound counter-productive, but have you tried allocating less than 6GB to FTB? Java just eats as much RAM as you give it. Unless you are running a server with a lot of people on it, and I do mean a lot, you should only need about 2GB. Try using these arguments in the launcher.

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound counter-productive, but have you tried allocating less than 6GB to FTB? Java just eats as much RAM as you give it. Unless you are running a server with a lot of people on it, and I do mean a lot, you should only need about 2GB. Try using these arguments in the launcher.
Thanks for trying to help!
I allocated 2GB ram and added those arguments (except for "-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m" because it gives me errors).
Nothing changed :(
Any other ideas?

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
The problem seems to occur a little less but it still happens way too much, does no one know what could be wrong?

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Had same issue with mac. I found it to be a graphics card issue. Simply put to run 64 textures with unleashed you need a good graphics card (over 90,000 png's). I used soartex base pack then replaced a lot of the png images with sphax including GUIs then used 32x textures for most unused mods ie tinkers battle axe etc. quite time consuming but worked

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
Had same issue with mac. I found it to be a graphics card issue. Simply put to run 64 textures with unleashed you need a good graphics card (over 90,000 png's). I used soartex base pack then replaced a lot of the png images with sphax including GUIs then used 32x textures for most unused mods ie tinkers battle axe etc. quite time consuming but worked

Thank you very much! I finally know what's wrong! Shame i can't change my graphics card...

You don't happen to have a version of your texture pack for the 1.6 packs do you?

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much! I finally know what's wrong! Shame i can't change my graphics card...

You don't happen to have a version of your texture pack for the 1.6 packs do you?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to convert the 1.5 texture folders to use in a resource pack. It does seem that as of 1.6 minecraft handles textures much better. Also I upgraded the ram cards in mac to 16g and allocated 4 in the launcher and has all but stopped lag spikes so may be worth considering You can download the 64 base pack from purebdcraft and put that in the packs resource folder and at least have all vanilla items textured until I or someone else releases a patch

bajansam

Jul 29, 2019
1.6.4 packs wont work yet. Download the 1.5.2 pack, then use this tool to upgrade it to a resource pack for 1.6.4 until FTB updates. (Some blocks will have their default textures)

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
I got the JSTR texture pack for 1.6 now, almost all textures working.
I also got the soartex texture pack for 1.6 but i think that's too high res or something because i get the problem as described above.
Since there is no "update" for unleashed yet and i have heard the update will be harder for a server to handle we are using the ATlauncher with Solitarycraft (Thus the texture all fit for that one but i'm guessing it'll work on FTB too).