Texture pack suggestion (OCD by Disco based)

k2b6s9j

Jul 29, 2019
Can I download what you have done so far? If I can how do I download it?

Do you mind if there are a few bugs and not everything is complete? If not there should be a few patches on the repo by the time you read. Install them just like you would Sphax or Faithful32 patches.

To download them go to the GitHub repository, click "Tags" and download as you want.

k2b6s9j

Jul 29, 2019

benjamingwynn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I must ask as my patches are progressing further and I found the patches that the OP was referencing earlier, which textures do you guys like better?

Do you like my textures: https://github.com/k2b6s9j/oCd-Texture-Pack-Patches
Do you like the "Tekkit Specific" ones: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1528503-wip-fvdiscos-ocd-pack-for-tekkit/

I don't mind either way I just think about bringing the creator of the "Tekkit Specific" one in on this project.

I would use the ones you have now, and add the ones you don't have from the "Tekkit Specific" pack.

(with permission of course)

k2b6s9j

Jul 29, 2019
I would use the ones you have now, and add the ones you don't have from the "Tekkit Specific" pack.

(with permission of course)

So a yes on bringing in other people who have previously tried to do this. I think that with Github and the automatic Monday releases we could get something really cool that one day FVDisco will approve of and make it all official.

Vibroblade

Jul 29, 2019
I was previously working on something like this but school got in the way, and i don't think I'll be continuing it.
I had everything done in the 1.2.5 versions of:
- Red Power 2
- Ic2
- Iron Chests
- EE2 (I know it won't be updated anymore)
If you're interested i could send what i had done to you guys.
Some of the logic gates in Red Power could use some tweaking but hey, it beats having to start from scratch.
let me know if you want any of it.

k2b6s9j

Jul 29, 2019
I would love it if you did help! Just contact me in any way you can to get on GitHub if you need help. Just drop whatever you have into a fork of my repo and do a pull request.

k2b6s9j

Jul 29, 2019
I bring great news guys! I have brought Ocelot_Toes from the Minecraft Forums in on this. We are working together to get everything that he has worked on to the GitHub. Along with everything that Vibroblade, BlacksWhites from the Minecraft Forums, and I have done. At that point most of the major blocks should have oCd.

Oh and wait for Christmas, I have a great present awaiting the community.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
I bring great news guys! I have brought Ocelot_Toes from the Minecraft Forums in on this. We are working together to get everything that he has worked on to the GitHub. Along with everything that Vibroblade, BlacksWhites from the Minecraft Forums, and I have done. At that point most of the major blocks should have oCd.

Oh and wait for Christmas, I have a great present awaiting the community.
yay! keep up the good work Sir!

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
hey k2 your thread was taken down... whats going on?
One of the contributers contacted disco and this was what he said:

Disco said:
At this stage i am putting a stop to all unofficial OCD pack mod distribution, please understand OCD pack is my IP, with my own unique design style.

I need to control the look and feel of the OCD brand because the OCD brand is a reflection of me.

You may modify and mod OCD for your own personal use. You may create your own texture pack inspired by OCD, but it must contain 100% original artwork and can not contain OCD in the title.

I Hope you understand
Disco

twilightking

Jul 29, 2019
wow.... I understand that it is his baby but geez man there are little to no x16 texture packs that look good for feed the beast. I would think he would be cool with people expanding on his idea and converting more people to his texture pack

ElZendo

Jul 29, 2019
This is most deffinitely a shame, OCD is and always will be my favourite vanilla texture pack, all we can do is hope Disco collaborates with someone.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Disco does not support this. K2b6s9j and cman333 and i were part of a group who wanted this pack to be completed. We had a lot of progress. However, i emailed Disco and he said that he did not want people using his pack as it is his image and he needs to preserve what people thing of his product. We were respectful and discontinued work on the project. If anyone starts a new thread i have the email he sent me if you would like to read over it. It leaves some room but it is not worth making the pack.

twilightking

Jul 29, 2019
??? wouldnt you think that if he had someone doing the textures for the mods for him it would have a better image of him wanting the community's input on his texture pack?

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
He wants to control what products using his texture pack look like. It's just business. He has to control what goes out there under this product title