Testing FML loading plugins with Eclipse

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,

I'm trying to make an FML loading plugin, aka core mod. Right now it should not do anything but print a message to indicate that it has been successfully loaded.
It does work when I build it and put it into the mods folder, but when I launch the game straight from Eclipse it seems like FML is completely ignoring the plugin. I don't want to have to build it every time to test it.

I did specify the option "-Dfml.coreMods.load=name.of.my.Class".
Somewhere in the log it reads "Completely ignored arguments: [-Dfml.coreMods.load, name.of.my.Class]". Is that bad?

Greetings and thanks,
ljfa

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I found out how to do it, it was mentioned in a tutorial:
I created a "dummy" JAR file with nothing but a META-INF folder containing a MANIFEST.MF file with the following content:
Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
FMLCorePlugin: name.of.my.Class
FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod: true
and put this dummy jar into the eclipse/mods folder.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
You were close, you just needed to put the "-Dfml.coreMods.load=name.of.my.Class" in the VM arguments, not program arguments. But the dummy jar is a neat way that I didn't consider.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You were close, you just needed to put the "-Dfml.coreMods.load=name.of.my.Class" in the VM arguments, not program arguments. But the dummy jar is a neat way that I didn't consider.
Darnit! So close.
That once again shows what a noob I am :D now it makes sense to me since the program arguments are passed to the main function.