''Test pack please ignore'', the REAL replacement of Ultimate/Unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
As you can compare packs here, that's the only pack that actually has enough mods to be somewhat completed.

What mods do you think are missing? what's your overall opinion on the pack? what mod do you think doesn't fit in the pack itself

EDIT: Opis will be included, meanwhile gravity gun wasn't included because of uncrafting exploits and portal lightning of the twilight forest.

Last edited:

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case anyone is wondering, the pack name is an inside joke from Reddit.

This is the pack designed for the FTB subreddit, there was a poll to ensure it would meet the requirements of the users.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like there's a ton to mods. After playing mods for a while, I'm kinda tired of huge packs. I'm eagerly awaiting the RR Lite pack. For my tastes, I don't want anything ic2 related. I just don't like the game play offered by that mod & it's family. There's a couple I've never heard of so no opinion there.

Findus Fillies adds horse stuff right? I wouldn't use it nor any additional crop mods.

It looks like folks wanted a Golden Coral style pack. I hope they like it!
R6qZUuF.jpg

Reactions: AlanEsh

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
EE3, hopperducts and den pipes/emerald/forestry would be nice additions to the TPPI pack.

The pack itself seems nice, having gregtech on not nerfing mode.

Last edited:

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it doesn't have RotaryCraft (and it sounds like it won't be supported), so I'm sticking with Monster. There wasn't that much in the modlist that would get me to switch. MPS, Binnies, and I believe MFFS (don't quote me on that one though) are supposed to be added to Monster when some bugginess with them is smoothed out. Logistics pipes would be nice to have, as would Carpenter's Blocks, but that's the point of universal configs. Also, there's a few mods in there that I'm not as fond of, so that works for me.

Either way, it's good that there's a pack for everybody.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
It even has Galacticraft.

One would wonder how bug free it will be though. RR has been in beta for ages, with constant updates and good support. Making a pack that big takes a lot of work. I also don't think the FTB Monster modlist is final, it was just a base list. If the pack launches anywhere close to the list slowpoke gave us a while back it will be a complete failure. Missing far too many mods that FTB fanbase has grown accustomed too, as well as some new mods (EnderIO) that some people just won't play without anymore. People don't want to have to manually add 30 mods everytime the pack updates. They play the packs for convenience.

On this other hand, this pack seems like it's trying to stuff everything remotely good into one pack... which can result in a very bloated meh experience.

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
It even has Galacticraft.

One would wonder how bug free it will be though. RR has been in beta for ages, with constant updates and good support. Making a pack that big takes a lot of work. I also don't think the FTB Monster modlist is final, it was just a base list. If the pack launches anywhere close to the list slowpoke gave us a while back it will be a complete failure. Missing far too many mods that FTB fanbase has grown accustomed too, as well as some new mods (EnderIO) that some people just won't play without anymore. People don't want to have to manually add 30 mods everytime the pack updates. They play the packs for convenience.

On this other hand, this pack seems like it's trying to stuff everything remotely good into one pack... which can result in a very bloated meh experience.
I'm all for 'stuffing everything remotely good' in at least one pack. Ideally, I have one pack I can download, remove the stuff I don't want and be done. Basically create it with the expectation that no one's going to play it as is, but it's a bit easier than downloading one pack, add in the mods you're missing, then repeat the process when the pack is updated.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like there's a ton to mods. After playing mods for a while, I'm kinda tired of huge packs. I'm eagerly awaiting the RR Lite pack. For my tastes, I don't want anything ic2 related. I just don't like the game play offered by that mod & it's family. There's a couple I've never heard of so no opinion there.

Findus Fillies adds horse stuff right? I wouldn't use it nor any additional crop mods.

It looks like folks wanted a Golden Coral style pack. I hope they like it!
R6qZUuF.jpg

I agree about the large packs thing. I'm attempting to make a pack that I'll try and limit down to just using Redstone Flux for power combined with some non-techy mods. Of course I'll have to add the Buildcraft three and the additional bees but I really don't see the point in having ic2 any more given the fact that I barely used it in 1.5 when there were less options

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I concur on the wonder about TPPI compared to Resonant Rise. RR has been in thorough testing for ages and it is still a pretty heavy pack (machine performance wise) to try to run. It can punish even the most hearty of computers, from what I've seen. TPPI looks like it is going to be even more severe. Yikes!

Reactions: RedBoss

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm all for 'stuffing everything remotely good' in at least one pack. Ideally, I have one pack I can download, remove the stuff I don't want and be done. Basically create it with the expectation that no one's going to play it as is, but it's a bit easier than downloading one pack, add in the mods you're missing, then repeat the process when the pack is updated.

The problem is it's not that simple, even if ID conflicts aren't a problem. You need to config each mod individually until they all blend well together and make for a balanced pack. You can't just throw 200 mods into a pack, or even 50 mods into a pack, and leave the configs alone if you want balance and no bugged recipes. Overload is a good example of a disaster in my eyes because it tends to do this, and it's buggy as hell because of it. RR is about as good as it gets when dealing with huge amounts of mods, and they've been in beta for ages and have an incredibly active team with a huge testing base.

I really hope they prove me wrong, but I have my doubts this pack will be used by anyone looking for a balanced pack.Many people don't understand that making a mod pack is not just about throwing 200 mods into a pack and fixing ID conflicts. That's the easy part, and there's a reason why FTB doesn't do that.

With that said, I still feel the mod list we got for FTB Monster was very disappointing and I hope they took some of our feedback into consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather dump BC than IC2, just saying. Thermal Expansion and Mekanism replace every part of it... Item/fluid/power transport, quarry (Digital Miner), and that's Buildcraft.

This pack is getting GregTech, with heavily changed configs, so it's fun to play. IC2 isn't that bad, if you use the proper expansions/addons.

Give this pack a chance, I'm sure they will make it nice. They at least don't ignore UE mods. And they don't ignore GregTech.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
You need to config each mod individually until they all blend well together and make for a balanced pack. You can't just throw 200 mods into a pack, or even 50 mods into a pack, and leave the configs alone if you want balance and no bugged recipes.

isn't this what FTB does though? FTB ultimate: vanilla MPS recipes, gregtech hard mode recipes. Gregtech makes quarries expensive.... aaaaand you get turtles that are just as cheap and more efficient than a non gregtech quarry. So the whole idea of putting off automated mining with gregtech was killed by having turtles.

Any pack that has Thermal Expansion or MPS in it... ender pearls used as a gate...and EE3 makes ender pearls ridiculously cheap. They could have reduced the durability of the minium stone to attempt some sort of balance, but it was left at default which is 1520.