Tesseract not working in digger age?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sickbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I'm on a server where we made a digger age for quarries so we dont chew up the overworld but I can't get my tesseracts working.

Setup is Energy tesseract beside an energy cell beside the quarry and a item tesseract on top of the quarry.
The energy cell powers the quarry but is not being filled by the tesseract. Items are totally popping out of the quarry on to the ground.

This SAME setup is working in the overworld without issue.

The kicker is my buddy is using turtles to mine in the digger age and his energy tesseract is working fine (and he uses ender chest for the items)

Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks!

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
I know this all sounds elementary and I'm sure you've already looked at it but we have to start somewhere right?

Have you confirmed both of the questionable Tesseracts have an active frequency? If you named the frequency, it should have a multi-toned green background highlighting the name of the channel that is active. If none of them are highlighted, it doesn't have an active channel.

Have you set redstone control on the Tesseracts to disabled (the first option in the red tab) to take the possibility of a stray redstone signal out of the picture?

Have you applied both of these sets to the Tesseracts that you are trying to link to in the Overworld as well?

You shouldn't need to play with the Send/Receive controls, but for the sake of thoroughness are they set correctly on all 4 Tesseracts?

Again, sorry if you've covered all of this and none of it is remotely helpful but sometimes we miss things and an external reminder does wonders.

Sickbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, no problems and thanks for the help!

The frequency is active. One of the things that IS diff between me and my buddy's setup is that he shiny dusted his tesseract and I have to manually set frequency.
I set the redstone to low, I think I tried setting to none once but not thoroughly on all tesseracts but in the digger age area I'm in there is NO redstone anything around except the energycell

I don't like send/receive mode being on - makes me sketched out - so I have the overworld energy on send, digger on receive and opposite for items.

Lastly, like I said I tested the same config to the last detail in the overworld and in fact ran the quarry down to bedrock and it works just fine.

No problems with tesseracts in the nether either as I'm running them with an ender-thermic pump for lava

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
If all of the frequencies and controls are ok, the only thing I could think of is that it isn't chunkloading properly. Does it have problems as soon as you set it up, or only after you leave the age?

If the server uses MCPC+, that can cause problems with chunkloading in other dimensions. My quarries went a bit crazy when I switched to it, had to play with configs to make them work

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
Since the introduction of the Shiny/Glowstone dust features on Tesseracts, I think I've used them three or four times.... out of probably 200 Tesseract deployments, all of the others being the old fashioned way. Unless there's a really obscure bug going on there I don't see how you setting them up the old fashioned way would prevent them from working so we're probably safe to set that aside for the time being.

It might make sense to take a couple steps away from the job-site and lay the Tesseracts down with some kind of a testing system... items being pumped out of a chest... a vanilla hopper... etc linked to the Overworld using new Tesseracts that are also isolated on their own. A simple spare machine that takes power (a Powered Furnace or something?) and has a bar indicating the status of its power buffer could be dropped next to the isolated energy Tesseract to see how it behaves.

Sickbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Yah, you're right I should simplify the troubleshooting. Maybe even swap out the tesseracts... so od..

Sickbeard

Jul 29, 2019
If all of the frequencies and controls are ok, the only thing I could think of is that it isn't chunkloading properly. Does it have problems as soon as you set it up, or only after you leave the age?

If the server uses MCPC+, that can cause problems with chunkloading in other dimensions. My quarries went a bit crazy when I switched to it, had to play with configs to make them work

My base is chunkloaded and this issue would happen while I was there watching it.

Whats MCPC+?

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I had to put a stone pipe and then the item tesseract to get it to work for me. I don't see any blocks moving through the pipe but it does work. On the receiving end I noticed that the quarried blocks don't show until the second pipe that i have coming off the item tesseract.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
My base is chunkloaded and this issue would happen while I was there watching it.

Whats MCPC+?
MCPC is server software with more control than the vanilla server. Some versions of it can make weird things happen like this, usually because of how it handles dimension loading/unloading.

Try running pipe between the item tess and quarry, and conduit between the energy tess, REC, and quarry. It should work as is, but it's worth a try. I've definitely had problems with running an energy tess>REC>machine setup without conduit on at least 1 of the connections

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why that is, glepert. When I use Tesseracts with Quarries my standard practice it to drop the Tesseract smack dab on top of the Quarry and there's never really any problem. When Ender Chests are more suitable, they work the same way. With the number of mods that these packs all have interacting with one another all the time though... odd behavior happens.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I'll try it tonight after work. I easily get overwhelmed with such simple setups. I may not have had the send/receive config'd correctly.

Sickbeard

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why that is, glepert. When I use Tesseracts with Quarries my standard practice it to drop the Tesseract smack dab on top of the Quarry and there's never really any problem. When Ender Chests are more suitable, they work the same way. With the number of mods that these packs all have interacting with one another all the time though... odd behavior happens.

This is how I got it to work with NO probs in the overworld. Item on top, energy on side with an energycell as a buffer. I did try pipe and conduit as well as I thought that was the issue but no luck.